BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Pics of 118i M Sport - Alpine White

04-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #45
skippy88
Private
Wales
Rep
Drives: 118i M Sport, Alpine White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@GTBPerformance View Post
You sir, have excellent taste in Cars. Love the Alpine white and the interior. Nice to see someone actually has a manual.

Way too many Automatics in this forum!
Cheers mate for your comment. Always liked sporty cars and preferred manual except on holiday when an automatic is nice for a change.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #46
Lucas S.
Private
Rep
Drives: waiting a F20 118i M Sport

Hi,

I´m Lucas from Spain.

I have just ordered a new F20 118i M Sport and I want to know which interior look the best in your opinion: Aluminium Hexagon with estoril blue interior trim finisher, or grinding aluminum with shiny black line? I have to decide it this week...

Thanks

Note: My car will be metallic black
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #47
skippy88
Private
Wales
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas S. View Post
Hi,

I´m Lucas from Spain.

I have just ordered a new F20 118i M Sport and I want to know which interior look the best in your opinion: Aluminium Hexagon with estoril blue interior trim finisher, or grinding aluminum with shiny black line? I have to decide it this week...

Thanks

Note: My car will be metallic black
Hi Lucas

Personally I like the hexagon (which I also had in my previous M Sport) and although I considered having the high gloss black trim finisher I decided to stick with the standard estoril blue which I am pleased with as it compliments the blue stiching on the seats very well. I am sure you will be pleased with whichever option you choose and with the car; it goes like a dream especially in "sport" mode.

I just checked my fuel consumption and acheived 39 mpg albeit on a long drive of 210 miles to/from Birmingham (for a flight to Spain where I was last week visiting my sister on the Costa Blanca - 40kms south of Alicante).

Cheers mate.:
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #48
DRIVE'R
Private First Class
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 528i

Hey Skippy, congrats on your ride, it looks awesome. I was watching some reviews about 118i with manual, and they were really complaining about gear box. They said its not precise enough and that is shaky, could you tell me how you feel about it ?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #49
skippy88
Private
Wales
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnasty View Post
Hey Skippy, congrats on your ride, it looks awesome. I was watching some reviews about 118i with manual, and they were really complaining about gear box. They said its not precise enough and that is shaky, could you tell me how you feel about it ?
Hi subnasty, thanks for your comment and I think the M Sport in white looks awesome too. As far as the gearbox is concerned I can't say I've noriced any problem so far; it just feels normal and no different to what I would have expected.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #50
DRIVE'R
Private First Class
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy88 View Post
Hi subnasty, thanks for your comment and I think the M Sport in white looks awesome too. As far as the gearbox is concerned I can't say I've noriced any problem so far; it just feels normal and no different to what I would have expected.
cool, thanks man btw, after viewing you pictures, I decided to go with white rather than black, you can see the angels way much better. I hope to share your experience soon
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #51
skippy88
Private
Wales
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnasty View Post
cool, thanks man btw, after viewing you pictures, I decided to go with white rather than black, you can see the angels way much better. I hope to share your experience soon
Hi again Subnasty. Pleased my pics were of some help to you and I also think that the lines and angles show better in white as does the shadowline high gloss black exterior trim.

I hope you will be as thrilled with your car as I am with mine; it rides much better than the previous model which I believe is due to the longer wheelbase and in Sport Mode the car comes into it's own and goes as good as it looks it should.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #52
nickdpp
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

very nice, especially the polished alumimun dash decoration, the seats are optionally chosen or in the standard specification?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 01:12 AM   #53
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdpp
very nice, especially the polished alumimun dash decoration, the seats are optionally chosen or in the standard specification?
only available, and are standard, for m sport
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #54
skippy88
Private
Wales
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdpp View Post
Hi nickdrop, thanks for your comments. Both the hexagon aluminium dash trim and seats are standard UK spec for the M Sport as I note ibeech has already mentioned.

Cheers mate
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #55
jamot
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Ford Fiesta

Congrats... The car looks awesome!

I'm thinking of getting the M-Sport too and just wanted to know what the quality of Hexagon/Anthracite seats are like compared to Dakota leather?

Was gonna go for the Urban until i saw an M-Sport parked at work. oooooooooOOOOH... Hot!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #56
Patrick BMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Garage List
2016 BMW 430iAM-Sport  [0.00]
2012 125i  [9.00]
Looks great in white. Almost went for it, but my last, a 6 series, was white and the dealer has the Estoril Blue in the showroom, which made it a bit of a no brainier for me.

Nice photos
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #57
skippy88
Private
Wales
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamot View Post
Congrats... The car looks awesome!

I'm thinking of getting the M-Sport too and just wanted to know what the quality of Hexagon/Anthracite seats are like compared to Dakota leather?

Was gonna go for the Urban until i saw an M-Sport parked at work. oooooooooOOOOH... Hot!
Hi jamot, thanks for your comment.

I have had leather in my last two 1ers so decided to have a change helped by the dealers positive comments regarding the cloth/alcantara seats and I am glad I did. Whilst I accept that leather is great I think the quality feel of the standard seats is excellent and in my view the extra cost for leather is not worthwhile, at least in the M Sport (I must admit though that had I chosen a sport model then I would have chosen the leather option).

Overall I am totally thrilled with everything about this car and the spec I chose. As you say I think the car looks awesome and it goes just as good, particularly in "sport " mode.

I hope this has helped you in your decision and look forward to seeing your pics asap.

Cheers mate
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #58
skippy88
Private
Wales
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick BMW View Post
Looks great in white. Almost went for it, but my last, a 6 series, was white and the dealer has the Estoril Blue in the showroom, which made it a bit of a no brainier for me.

Nice photos
Cheers mate for your comment. I was a bit like you - had decided on white but when I saw the Estoril Blue I was very tempted but stuck with my original choice as my previous M Sport was in Le Mans Blue.

Enjoy your new motor.
Appreciate 0