BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Brake pad wear

09-27-2013, 05:23 AM   #1
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Brake pad wear

Our car has been subjected to accelerated brake pad wear due to various track weekends. The service indicator first said the rear pads had only 600 km left, but after a software upgrade, it now says 2 200 km. The front pads are supposed to have 120 000 km left.

This week I had the wheels off, and inspected the pads. The rear pads are roughly 50 percent worn down, while the front pads are around 80 percent gone. At the latest track weekend, I could feel that, as the brake pedal goes soft sooner than it used to do. I got two error messages about high braking load, and was told by the car to drive moderately. After some normal driving, the pedal was also back to normal.

My conclusion is that the brake pads are holding up fairly well with my abuse, but the service indicators are very unreliable.

Our car has done 22500 km, and it has the standard brakes, not the M-Sport type.
Appreciate 0