BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Indicator bulb in wing mirror not working

09-12-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
dreamweaver
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw f30

Indicator bulb in wing mirror not working

Morning all,

My temp 118d msport came yesterday, short story ordered a F30 which had so many faults some dangerous anyhow after a long battle with BMW they agreed to pull car back and I am having a 1series, part of the deal they are loaning me a 11d mspost till mine arrives.

Car dropped off yesterday very impressed, better then the F30 in my opinion. However the driver’s side mirror indicators don’t flash, in the boot is a white mirror cover and lens so looks like it been replaced, is this an easy fix without spending another trip to dealer to fix, looks like a connector has not been connected and wondering if anyone knows how to dis-assemble to have a quick look.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 04:06 AM   #2
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

The problem is that you need nylon tools to pop the covers off.
Even though it is a pain, you are best taking it back to the dealer.

They should be able to do it while you wait.

If your lucky the technician might do it in front of you and you get to see where the pop points are so you can do it yourself if it occurs again
Appreciate 0