BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > LCi M135i, issues with Remote Services, Internet etc

07-08-2016, 05:20 AM   #1
3V0M
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCi

LCi M135i, issues with Remote Services, Internet etc

A month ago I recently bought a LCi M135i with the following options (attached, and list at bottom of post) that BMW spec'ed themselves.

The problems I'm having is...

1) Internet: is not showing in the ConnectedDrive menu.
The local BMW dealership did the firmware update 2 weeks ago to see if it solved the problem which it didn't.

2) BMW Remote: I have activated the Remote Services on the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal at www.bmw-connecteddrive.com.
The portal and the App on my phone shows the car and its details but it's not showing any of the remote options that you can do like unlocking/locking etc.

3) The 8 "favorites" buttons below the radio: I've saved on 3 of the buttons the 3 audio modes (Radio, USB and Bluetooth to the phone). When listening to music in either 1 of the 3 modes and I select another mode the sound will change to the new selected mode but the menu on the iDrive does not change, I have to scroll through the menu's to the mode thats now playing to be able to see the playlist.
For example, if I was playing the USB flash drive and I select to play the phone's playlist, or radio, the sound will change but the screen will still be showing the playlist of the USB.
Is this a common problem?

Is there any coding that needs to be done to "activate" the Internet and Remote Services in the ConnectedDrive or does BMW have to replace the "modules" for ConnectedDrive?
The dealership has escalated the issues to BMW AG

Options fitted:
2TB: Sport Auto gearbox
5A2: LED headlights
6AK: Connected drive
6AR: Internet
403: Sunroof
674: Harman Kardon sound
606: Navi business
507: PDC rear
Performance accessories: black grill, interior trim, exhaust and carbon tips, side sill vinyl and lip.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0