BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Grande Prêmio Petrobras Do Brasil 2014

11-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #23
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
So then how do you explain Rosberg's superiority in qualifying? Is it possible that there are many more factors in the "talent vs. results" formula that you failed to mention? Everybody seems to forget that Alonso (most often considered the best driver) didn't do well at McLaren, and I don't think it's because Hamilton's such a superior driver. Mark Webber proved himself with several teams, but consistently had bad luck/performance compared to Vettel. Look at Raikkonnen for god's sakes; always in the list of top drivers, and just recently he outperformed for Lotus. But now you can go an entire race without even remembering that he's on track.

Did it ever cross your mind that some drivers who seem to have bad luck with mechanical failures (brakes, trans, tires, engines) are perhaps driving in a way that's making the failures more likely? And it's also true that a driver has to adapt to a constantly changing car behavior as a race progresses, and some deal with that better than others. I think all the factors are many and complex.

It's one thing to race against a lap time in qualifying, a totally different thing to race against another driver. If anything Rosberg's superiority (sometimes) in quali shows that he has a very capable car that suits his driving style but he isn't as good a racer as Hamilton. Ricciardo is the best at playing chess. Making a feint and surprising his opponent. Overtaking is a skill that separates the greats from the Rosbergs. In an actual race, where it matters Hamilton has the competitive guts to deal with the pressure and to be the more consistent driver over the entire race.

Last edited by onatuesday; 11-05-2014 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #24
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
New Pit entry in Interlagos

New pit entry, should add about a second or something to the pit in-out time.
Attached Images

11-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #25
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Engine use before Brazil GP.
Attached Images

11-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #26
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Drivers to test Virtual Safety Car changes on Friday

Revisions to F1’s planned Virtual Safety Car system will tested during Friday’s two practice sessions at Interlagos.

The test will include a simulation of two cars making a pit stop during the Virtual Safety Car period.

The Virtual Safety Car period will begin at the end of each session after the last car takes the chequered flag for the first time. Drivers will then have ten seconds to slow to reach the required ‘delta’ time.

Following that they must be above the minimum time at least once in each of the 21 marshalling sectors around the track, as well as at the start/finish line and Safety Car lines one and two.

Two cars will then be brought into the pits to simulate a pit stop taking place under Virtual Safety Car conditions. Once all the cars have crossed the start/finish line for a second time the Virtual Safety Car period will come to an end, which will be signified by the light boards around the track counting down from ten.

The system has been altered following its first test at the Circuit of the Americas, following which some drivers expressed concern they were having to look away from the road and at their steering wheel too much to ensure they were lapping at the correct speed.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/11/0...hanges-friday/
      11-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #27
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #28
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Based on that chart, it really shows the reliability (or there lack of) of the power-units.

But then again, I think there was more engine failures/fires last season than this season.
      11-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #29
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #30
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post
Based on that chart, it really shows the reliability (or there lack of) of the power-units.

But then again, I think there was more engine failures/fires last season than this season.
some fires or breakdowns were caused by fuel line hose or electrical wiring, so that wont necessary destroy the power unit components iteself.
      11-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #31
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Looking at FP2 for a few minutes, the new pit entry would push the racing line out of the pit entry lane.
      11-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #32
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Still not a whole lot of sponsors here:

FI's Juncadella in the wall:

Experimental Lotus wedge-nose for next year:

Last edited by 954Stealth; 11-07-2014 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #33
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/...our-sentences/
      11-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #34
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #35
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

FP3 final timing
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #36
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

And Quali
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #37
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Hats off to Rosberg. This was a fabulous race. Can't imagine anyone would say otherwise
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #38
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Great Defending from Nico!
But I was surprised he didn't maintain the 6 second gap and let Hamilton in such close proximity.
"IF" Lewis didn't make the mistake, I would guess he would get to Nico on the pit stop, and drove off in the distance. But "thanks" to the mistake, we got the very tense final stint.

So happy to see Massa on the podium in Brazil!!! Thanks Ferrari to fire him! LOL!!!
      11-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #39
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
No wonder I never like Nelson Piquet, he's like a dirty old man today.
The first thing he came in mind to Hamilton was his GF Nicole. Then he had to make up with an extra interview afterwards.
      11-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #40
Jenya B
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X5 F15d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
No wonder I never like Nelson Piquet, he's like a dirty old man today.
The first thing he came in mind to Hamilton was his GF Nicole. Then he had to make up with an extra interview afterwards.
He is sexual predator
He has 7 kids from different woman , plus if you watching GP he is trying to give a kiss to Niki Lauda in front of camera .
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #41
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Had Lewis pitted on that ultra fast lap, rather than staying out for one more, he might have overtaken Nico in the pits but was still able to recover, good drives by both in the end. Was happy to see Massa in the podium, he drove well too
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #42
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

So good to see Massa on the podium in Brazil!

Lewis gave Nico the victory with an unforced error on an open track, not very flattering for Lewis. Keeps thing more interesting though.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #43
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Rosberg says he didn’t need Hamilton’s spin to win

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/11/0...-fastest-laps/

Quote:
Lewis Hamilton piled the pressure on Nico Rosberg during the Brazilian Grand Prix, setting the fastest lap and recovering a seven-second deficit at one point.

Nonetheless Rosberg believes he would have won even without Hamilton’s spin on lap 28.

“I was confident, yes, definitely,” he said afterwards, “because already in the first stint I could see that I could control the gap and could just make sure that Lewis didn’t come into the region where he could launch an attack.

“So from that point of view, once I saw that, I was very confident that I could keep on controlling the gap for the whole race.”

Rosberg said he used the opportunity provided by Hamilton’s spin to save his tyres, which was why the gap came down between them during the third stint.

“When Lewis had the spin and was further behind, I saved more tyres than I normally would have done and so that I could just make sure that at the end of the stint I had enough, because it was so critical on tyres today and that worked out really well too.”

On the lap before his spin, Hamilton produced the fastest lap of the race up to that point, seven-tenths of a second quicker than the previous best. After his second pit stop he took 1.7 seconds out of Rosberg in two laps, then consistently chipped away at the gap between them by up to half a second per lap.

But Hamilton couldn’t find a way past in the final stint, and the pair circulated almost as one, occasionally setting near-identical lap times.
I don't think for the last 17 laps having Hamilton 0.5 secs behind is "controlling" the gap. Any small mistake could give away the win.

What happened in Austin, when Hamilton kept the gap between him and Nico 1.7-2.3 seconds. That's what I call "controlling the gap".

In race pace, I think Hamilton is always faster. If Hamilton pitted one lap earlier before the spin. He might undercut Rosberg and lead the race then pull a healthy gap. Based on him cut Rosberg's 6-7 second gap down to just 0.5 second.
      11-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #44
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/11/0...-fastest-laps/

I don't think for the last 17 laps having Hamilton 0.5 secs behind is "controlling" the gap. Any small mistake could give away the win.

What happened in Austin, when Hamilton kept the gap between him and Nico 1.7-2.3 seconds. That's what I call "controlling the gap".

In race pace, I think Hamilton is always faster. If Hamilton pitted one lap earlier before the spin. He might undercut Rosberg and lead the race then pull a healthy gap. Based on him cut Rosberg's 6-7 second gap down to just 0.5 second.
Of course he says that. Hamilton has a weakness, the emotions can get the best of him, much more so than for example Alonso. We've seen HAM doing stupid mistakes many times in McLaren that Alonso pretty much never do. Nico knows this well and will try as hard as he can to unsettle Lewis, make him doubt himself and either drive defensive or reckless. That's his best hope for the WC since Lewis is obviously the better racer most days.
Appreciate 0