BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Ambient Lights

10-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #1
gumpy_999
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 125i

Ambient Lights

Hey guys just picked up my sportsline 125i,

love it in the most part though from the beginning there were some blemishes on it.

Just wondering where are the ambient lights?

I found the ones on the front roof and the front footwell.

Anywhere else?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
spoonflames
Harvesting Information
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: White M135i 5dr

Hey gumpy

There are some in the driver and passenger front door handles that shine onto the silver door levers.

There are also rear roof lights that shine down into behind the middle console and onto the middle back seat

there is also one that shines onto the 12v powersocket in front of the gear stick

10-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
gumpy_999
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 125i

Hi

I think i may have been short changed... I have no handle light, middle light or b pillar light...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
ipp
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2016 M135i

You need to have the "Extended Interior Light Package" for those features:

"Extended lighting includes vicinity lighting in the door handles which illuminate the area outside the doors for 20 seconds once the doors are unlocked to ensure safe access in the dark. Additional features: door handle recess with LED illumination at the front, reading lights featuring LED technology at the front and rear with ambient lighting, footwell illumination at the front, vanity mirror lights for driver and front passenger, LED lights in the luggage compartment."
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
Ronnyjoz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 125d M Sport, Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpy_999 View Post
Hi

I think i may have been short changed... I have no handle light, middle light or b pillar light...
They're very subtle. I spent ages thinking they weren't there. Go somehere very dark and turn the dashboard dimmer up full blast. Set the ambeint lights to Classic (orange) and full intensity. Once you've spotted them you'll always be able to see them, and will be able to adjust them to something more tasteful. I have them turned up full in the menu, with the dimmer turned down to about half-way, so that the door handles have a faint gleam and the centre console appears to glow very slightly. They're really the sort of thing you don't notice until they're not there.

Still haven't found the ones in the B pillars myself.

They also vary slightly depending on model. On the M-sport, for example, you can choose between orange or white, but I believe the Urban gives you orange or blue (I could be wrong there).
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #6
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

Even without the extended lighting pack, there are also lights in the "indented" storage hole above the cupholders and "behind" the radio/climate panels (stick some white paper in the silver lined gaps)
Appreciate 0