BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 125i F20 - how to permanently disable DSC?

01-17-2018, 04:51 AM   #1
Mid_Night_F20
Private
Rep
Drives: 125iM N20

125i F20 - how to permanently disable DSC?

So I wanna be able to slide the car sideways without electronics cutting the power (if I disable DTC by holding down the traction button the car goes to COMFORT mode which is just shit)

Does anyone know which fuse controls traction control & DSC?

So far I have pulled out fuse #107 and #130 and still no sideways actions or wheel spinning
Attached Images

Last edited by Mid_Night_F20; 01-17-2018 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: photo didnt attach
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 05:46 AM   #2
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

But most F20s are delivered with an open differential, which is not a good idea if you want to drive sideways in a controlled way. The car has a feature that uses the rear brakes to emulate a limited slip differential, but it is only enabled in DSC Off mode. If you disable DSC by removing fuses, I doubt that you will be able to get the differential feature enabled.

I have driven some weekends on ice tracks with F20, and my opinion is that Comfort mode is just something you need to get used to. I didn't like it at first, but after some time I think it is just fine. You have the same power and throttle response, you just need more throttle pedal movement. It is actually more accurate when it comes to dosing the right amount of power in slippery conditions.

My advice is to leave the car as it is, and adapt the driver. The car is certainly capable of drifting, in the right hands.
Appreciate 0