BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Television programs testing F20 1 series

05-22-2013, 01:09 AM   #1
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

Television programs testing F20 1 series

In Taiwan we do not get much proper auto shows, in fact we only get Fifth gear like two seasons ago at best. All we have right now is what you have on youtube. We have Motorvision with Markus Gedlich, Drive with Chris Harris, various shootouts, and strangely (still don't get why) pitching the M135i against the Carrera 4. I have been getting episodes of Top Gear and Fifth Gear through www.finalgear.com; good but....

I wonder why. Our cars even the M135i are not receiving much attention (or definitely not felt here), no where compare to the BRZ. I guess the hope left is when they try to pitch something against the new Audi S3 and the Merc A45 AMG. Sorry I guess I am complaining, but I wish I could see Tiff Needell or Jason Plato going around Anglesey or Castle Combe Circuit. We do not have the combination of professional driver/good presenter/circuit. These two are good capable drivers with presenting talent, and they are just examples, because it becomes difficult for us for language outside English and maybe a little German. Maybe I am wrong there is lots shows on the 1 series.

I watched this vid before my car arrives, all the way from before English title was put on, to now with English title available with 1080P. I thought I can do the slide he does, har har. Any friends in Europe or Australia seeing shows which they fire up the 1 series on the track? (yes saw the nordshlife one, but one becomes greedy.)

Last edited by westphone; 05-22-2013 at 01:13 AM.. Reason: content and poor grammar
Appreciate 0