BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 6NK Extended Bluetooth Retrofit?

04-13-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
Aperture1988
Registered
Rep
Drives: Blue

6NK Extended Bluetooth Retrofit?

Guys Please help,

I have this week taken delivery of my brand new 2014 BMW 118i M-Sport. Im so pleased with the car with exception of the lack of 6NK Extended bluetooth. At the time i ordered i foolishly did not research the features in enough detail and believed that this only provided you with wireless bluetooth audio streaming.

I have since learnt this option is required in order to unlock some of the advanced iPhone features (Cover-art, USB lightning cable support etc) and the wiring for the snap in adapter.

Please can someone confirm is this retrofittable?

My car has the standard small screen iDrive, Standard bluetooth and doesn't appear to have a combox in the boot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

EBT retrofit

Yes, it can be activated via coding. Look on Babybmw.net forum as lots on their have had it done.
      04-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #3
m.barn
Registered
Rep
Drives: M135i AW Auto

Fraid not. No Combox then no coding available and its then mega money to retrofit, sorry! Made the same mistake myself.......
Appreciate 0