BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Considering the switch from a guzzler..

04-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Considering the switch from a guzzler..

I'm considering a switch to the new 116d ED. Having had some fun with my Z4 35i, I'm now looking to the future and considering something more long term.

To that end the 116D ED seems the ticket, though I have to say I also have the VW Golf in my sights.

If you were to order the 116D ED, what would you consider the must have options?

For me, heated seats and lumbar support, bluetooth audio, are in there for starters. Is the HK Audio upgrade worth it for example?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
I'm considering a switch to the new 116d ED. Having had some fun with my Z4 35i, I'm now looking to the future and considering something more long term.

To that end the 116D ED seems the ticket, though I have to say I also have the VW Golf in my sights.

If you were to order the 116D ED, what would you consider the must have options?

For me, heated seats and lumbar support, bluetooth audio, are in there for starters. Is the HK Audio upgrade worth it for example?
For me, essentials are in the sport package- the auto air con, sport steering wheel, none-nav iDrive, sport seats, Bluetooth with USB, plus sun protection package for the dogs- everything else is a nice to have.

If u can afford it, the hk upgrade is miles better than stock. It just quite didn't make my list of options, as the stock sound in my e90 (same stock system as f20) is ok (and that's debatable).
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
eezzee
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F20

Would avoid the Golf as to be replaced in the next few months while the f20 is a new design.

Only must have are rear parking sensors - rear view a little restricted.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eezzee
Would avoid the Golf as to be replaced in the next few months while the f20 is a new design.

Only must have are rear parking sensors - rear view a little restricted.
I regret not getting Rear parking sensors....
Appreciate 0