BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Thinking about a BMW

09-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Chevy
Rep
Drives: 72 Chevelle

Thinking about a BMW

So right now I drive a 1972 chevelle. It has been a very fun car to drive everyday, but it has a few drawbacks as a daily driver.

One of those is no creature comforts. I'm talking about power windows, comfy seats, air conditioning, heat, the list goes on and on. While one could put these modifications on an old car, it's just not the same. You're still driving around an old, heavy, uncomfortable vehicle.

After a year and a half of this, i'm looking for either an E90 or E92. Black or white, and I plan on putting some aftermarket wheels on, maybe an exhaust down the road, and call it a day.

Trying to find one with less than 50,000 miles. I know I should try to purchase a CPO car, but if I find one in good shape with low miles, I won't hesitate to buy.

All wheel drive is a must since I will be driving this year round. Snow, rain, you name it. I also like the smaller size of these cars. It will make parking a whole lot easier for me. I won't have to worry about someone scratching the paint quite as much either.

So with all that being said, do you think a BMW is right for me? I'm well aware these cars can be a hassle at times when it comes to maintenance, but I'm ok with that.

Just ready for something that turns heads I can drive all day long while staying cool and comfortable. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Bill B.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '13 X135i '15 S1000R

40 years in advancements can make quite a bit of difference, though this can be said for any marque. The BMW 3 series has always been the standard for the luxury sport market, so you certainly wouldn't be disappointed with its performance.

The AWD version is very capable, though not as common as the RWD version.

Don't underestimate the maintenance (and cost) to keep one of these cars. High performance suspension bits wear out, complicated electronic systems fail, and heck, you even have to take it to the dealer to perform programming when it needs a new battery ($$$).
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
willfrankjoy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Set up in 2001, eFileCabinet p

Re: Thinking about a BMW

BMW is luxurious and very much comfortable. Go on.

-------------------
bmw floor mats
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

A '72 Chevelle and a 2010 AWD 3 Series will weigh within about 100 - 150 pounds of each other....
Appreciate 0