BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone ever perform in a paid gig?

03-11-2024, 01:33 PM   #23
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWbiker View Post
You make my point for me.
You made no point. Anyway, not sure why you wanna be a nuisance outta nowhere. I already told you from the onset that I don't require ins. Stop bothering me and polluting my thread.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 01:43 PM   #24
BMWbiker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
You made no point. Anyway, not sure why you wanna be a nuisance outta nowhere. I already told you from the onset that I don't require ins. Stop bothering me and polluting my thread.
The very title of this thread is: “Anyone ever perform in a paid gig?”.

I am a professional musician. My most recent paid gig was yesterday.

I am sharing professional advice with you, for free, for you *and others reading it* to do with it as they see fit. This is not private messaging.

If you’re not interested in following the advice, that’s your right.

If you’re not interested in engaging with me, stop replying.
      03-11-2024, 01:59 PM   #25
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWbiker View Post
The very title of this thread is: “Anyone ever perform in a paid gig?”.

I am a professional musician. My most recent paid gig was yesterday.

I am sharing professional advice with you, for free, for you *and others reading it* to do with it as they see fit. This is not private messaging.

If you’re not interested in following the advice, that’s your right.

If you’re not interested in engaging with me, stop replying.
Like I said, I already addressed you from the ONSET and said that I wasn't interested. NOBODY else cares about your insurance angle. You're the one who keeps bringing it up and constantly engaging ME when this subject is already done. Stop harassing me w your insurance selling, I couldn't care less.

Anyway, you 'win', time to block.

I would advise all others reading my thread to be careful about this guy, something's not right w his odd behavior. I already rejected his idea nicely and *repeatedly*, guy just won't take "no" for an answer. Freaking weirdo.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?

Last edited by tranquility; 03-11-2024 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 10:40 PM   #26
BMWbiker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Like I said, I already addressed you from the ONSET and said that I wasn't interested. NOBODY else cares about your insurance angle. You're the one who keeps bringing it up and constantly engaging ME when this subject is already done. Stop harassing me w your insurance selling, I couldn't care less.

Anyway, you 'win', time to block.

I would advise all others reading my thread to be careful about this guy, something's not right w his odd behavior. I already rejected his idea nicely and *repeatedly*, guy just won't take "no" for an answer. Freaking weirdo.
So, you do want to engage in discourse again—yet block?

I encountered people like you when I helped run boards like these, before your parents met.

I think you’re confused.

Anyone else: I’m happy to discuss music, if you like.
      03-12-2024, 12:26 PM   #27
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Ever since we started this journey, we always relied upon looking at the sheet music on our tablet/phone. However, someone recently mentioned something that really stuck w me and made an impression, so that night I went home and memorized about 3,4 songs. Finally! I think that I'm up to almost a dozen now, but we'll see next time we perform live again.

I guess there's no easy way to memorize but just by sheer repetition? Ofc some songs are easier to remember vs others. Any pointers?

For sure this is the way because it's kinda silly that I couldn't interact w the audience previously as my eyes were glued to the screen lol.
Appreciate 0