BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > New member, new car, problems already

04-28-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
AvidFIN
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 118i Sport

New member, new car, problems already

Hello from Finland.

So yesterday i picked up my new 118i Sport and after first loving what i saw, i discovered today that the dealer had forgot to order one extra: the visibility package (front fog lights, rain sensor, automatic lights, folding rear head rests). So he is going to get some mildly angry feedback with demands from me real soon.

After that I got skeptical about everything. I ordered the HK-hifi upgrade which sounded a bit lame in my opinion. So i went checking out the car and didnt found the 5 x 100 mm midrange speakers which should be in the rear. All the front speakers are counted for. But i only see the little tweeters in the back. Also I cant see the woofers below the front seats and the amplifier in the back. Are you suppose to be able to see them/that they are really installed?

Could someone with HK send some pictures where you can see the rear speakers, and possibly the woofers and amplifiers... I would like to know the truth before i consult the dealer anymore.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 05:50 AM   #2
Brenyaman
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: F20 120D Aut Urban

I think you've been delivered someone else's car...!!
Or been cheated straight away...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
Jack the Dane
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 118d Sapphire Black

You should be able to see the speakers under the front seats - my 118d only has the BMW pro radio and the woofers are there...
The HK-hifi - does it say HK on the speakers in the front?

Sounds like you have been cheated, or yes - received another´s car.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
AvidFIN
Registered
Rep

Yes, it says HK in the front speakers (those by the mirrors) so i'm probably just paranoid or my listening ear is overdeveloped after years fine tuning my home theater. But those pics would clear out the situation, anyone?

A quick call with the dealer today cleared a few things. First off all he admitted that it was his mistake, he simply missed that part from the order form. Next week he will inform me if it is possible to retrofit those parts which i highly doubt. If that doesnt work, i'm going to either demand a compensation x3 the price of the package or a new car with all the parts (with a substitute car while delivering the new).

I'm pretty pissed off because this is my first new car, my first bmw and at 25 years old the first with my hardearned cash.

Oh, at least the drive is fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
dubman
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 125iM

Not really clear from here:
http://www.bmw.harmankardon.com/en/v...cal-5door.aspx
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
first, if you see tweeters in the back, then you have the HK HiFi.

Second, it is possible to retrofit at least some of the parts- however it is very expensive- the parts are not the expense- its the time it takes to install the retrofit- i asked how much to install folding mirrors into my car- the marts were about £100-200- but it would take 6 hours to install, because the dash would need to be taken apart. Thats £600 labour!!!

Get everything you can out of them -if you have a contract which says vis pack- get the lawyers on the case
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
AvidFIN
Registered
Rep

Thanks iBeech, I suppose its only that I expected more from the upgrade but when I tested it today with some good source material it sounded OK. The picture of the system was a little misleading, so i got confused.

Yep, I know. But I have faith for a happy conclusion. The dealer is the same guy from who we have bought all our cars for 30 some years so I believe he isn't willing to let that customer relationship go. And yes, we have a contract for the vis pack.

By the way, this hassle aside the car is awesome. Motor, handling... just plain pleasure. And a funny thing is that because in Finland the car sales taxes are out of this world and only a few people buy small cars this expensive, my car is the only example I have seen in my city (about 130 000 people). Makes me feel special of my baby bimmer.

Stand by for some pictures in later posts...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
Jack the Dane
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 118d Sapphire Black

good to hear that the dealer at least admits his fault - I hope that he will facilitate the retrofit!
funny to hear about you have the only F20 in your city - I have only seen a few here in Denmark so far - the taxes here are also of another world!
Appreciate 0