BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > NBT-Evo with Alpine Hifi problem

08-25-2015, 06:38 AM   #1
die hard
Rep
Drives: 118dA High-EXE M-Sport

NBT-Evo with Alpine Hifi problem

Hi,

I got an F20 118dA M-Sport LCI (prod june15) in exe with the Professional Navigation and the new NBT-EVO system. (great navi display by the way).
I also ordered the original BMW accesoire Alpine HiFi upgrade (4 speakers and amplifier). But no audio. First we thought of an broken amp or something, but that wasnt the fact. The dealer says it didnt work because of the new NBT-Evo computer isnt compatible with Alpine amplifier audio signals. BMW told Alpine should develop a brand new amplifier for those systems (who are also in F30 and so on in my opinion ?)
So now i got my original (very bad) audio system restored and waiting for answers from Munich....
I want to get some nice audio but im not sure an after-market system like eton or something is gonne work while this problem is in.
Anyone got more info on this ?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 04:20 AM   #2
AirbusH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M135i LCI 2015

I would like to know this too.
Have you recoded the HU?
I have a 2015 M135i with the base stereo which is just shite.
Most aftermarket plug and play amps don't fit the newer F20's yet as I have emailed most of the companies
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 06:03 AM   #3
die hard
Rep

yes

i bought it from the official dealer they did code the HU, it worked in first instance only, amplifier or HU is losing memory, problem is appearing in all cars with the new nbt-evo II (prof navi), bmw ag acknowledged the problem and says to work on the problem, solution was expected Q1 2016 (that was in july 2015). my car is in for service next week and they told to try to fix it, so keep you posted ! I already replaced the standard underseat subs for Eton B195, really a good improvement on low end in defenition, still missing a good amplifier, i hope the alpine is gonne be working soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 03:29 AM   #4
AirbusH
Enlisted Member
Rep

I added Focal tweeters and door woofers and will do the subs next,but I think it will need an amp to make a real difference.
Would love to get the OEM Alpine kit.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #5
die hard
Rep

i

i just got the Alpine OEM kit installed last week, great sound ! . unfortunately the left mid speaker broke down, the dealer promised to replace it this week, but the tweeters and amplifier are a huge difference and work fine with the HU now.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 05:34 AM   #6
AirbusH
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by die hard View Post
i just got the Alpine OEM kit installed last week, great sound ! . unfortunately the left mid speaker broke down, the dealer promised to replace it this week, but the tweeters and amplifier are a huge difference and work fine with the HU now.
What model car do you have?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 10:59 AM   #7
die hard
Rep

i have a 06-2015 lci 118dA exe with navi prof.
now i have the new alpine amp and speakers, and i replace the underseat sub for a Eton B195, the bass response is really awesome
loud and very defined also.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #8
AirbusH
Enlisted Member
Rep

I think the stupid ASD piped exhaust sound causes problems on the M135i with the Alpine kit. I've coded it off so will take a punt and order the Alpine system and hope I can get it to work.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 06:11 AM   #9
eck10
Rep
Drives: bmw F30

Quote:
i have a 06-2015 lci 118dA exe with navi prof.
now i have the new alpine amp and speakers, and i replace the underseat sub for a Eton B195, the bass response is really awesome
loud and very defined also.
My friend could you please share added alpine amp's product no, is it hifi version or upgraded version which does not have signal issue with nbt ? and wondering manufacturing date.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 06:12 AM   #10
eck10
Rep

Whatever i tried with my retrofited nbt id6 unit and alpine hifi, unit does not wake up amp. Do u have any suggestion ?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 08:37 PM   #11
ice_rfm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck10 View Post
Whatever i tried with my retrofited nbt id6 unit and alpine hifi, unit does not wake up amp. Do u have any suggestion ?
Hello... im having the same problem in my f30 with nbt evo... any help
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 08:24 AM   #12
eck10
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_rfm View Post
Hello... im having the same problem in my f30 with nbt evo... any help
Hi, there is a trigger wire on alpine amp (I do not remember which pin), that wire must be triggered from fuse box in trunk. So its easy task but don't risk your car and take it to a sound technician. Technician can use one of fuses which provides 12 v when car ignition is on.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 10:14 AM   #13
John Kemsworth
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Hi,

I got an F20 118dA M-Sport LCI (prod june15) in exe with the Professional Navigation and the new NBT-EVO system. (great navi display by the way).
I also ordered the original BMW accesoire Alpine HiFi upgrade (4 speakers and amplifier). But no audio. First we thought of an broken amp or something, but that wasnt the fact. The dealer says it didnt work because of the new NBT-Evo computer isnt compatible with Alpine amplifier audio signals. BMW told Alpine should develop a brand new amplifier for those systems (who are also in F30 and so on in my opinion ?)
So now i got my original (very bad) audio system restored and waiting for answers from Munich....
I want to get some nice audio but im not sure an after-market system like eton or something is gonne work while this problem is in.
Quote:
Hi,

Great
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2023, 04:11 AM   #14
ivanivanusic
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116d

Garage List
  [0.00]
I have retrofitted NBT Evo in my PreLci F20 and I’m going to update speakers with Alpine.
Does it work now?
Appreciate 0