BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Homeless hanging out on my doorsteps

01-31-2017, 07:29 PM   #67
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Give him a girlie magazine.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 07:39 PM   #68
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Pay him $5.00 to never come back.

Tell him you will call the police for free if he ever does.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 09:04 PM   #69
TheNus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Buy him a bottle of wine and say you are sorry for making him him hit your new car with a rock while you were driving it because the exhaust was too loud.

...maybe someone will remember that thread.

You didn't handle this one correctly from the beginning so now he knows you won't do anything and is definitely not afraid of you. Call the cops and hope for the best, I don't think you are willing to do what needs to be done beyond that.

That last piece isn't intended to be a knock against you.

Last edited by TheNus; 01-31-2017 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2017, 09:26 PM   #70
Project Elite
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30

I've tried to be much more aggressive today and it seems like he can be as well. Bought a set of security cameras to record anything he does on my property (including trashing my newspaper daily) and hopefully can bring this to the authorities attention multiple times a week.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 09:44 PM   #71
TheNus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Best of luck to you. I enjoyed the rise and fall of the Las Vegas real estate bubble so I am no stranger to "evicting" squatters and homeless people from my properties. Unfortunately they tend to understand force and force alone.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 09:56 PM   #72
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Elite View Post
I've tried to be much more aggressive today and it seems like he can be as well. Bought a set of security cameras to record anything he does on my property (including trashing my newspaper daily) and hopefully can bring this to the authorities attention multiple times a week.
What part of the city are you in? You know, I don't know what your stature is or temperament, but I would be like, " hey bro, this private property and you can't hang here. Thanks.." On one level it becomes..can you take him. Just saying, at some level intimidation will work.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 10:15 PM   #73
TheNus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
What part of the city are you in? You know, I don't know what your stature is or temperament, but I would be like, " hey bro, this private property and you can't hang here. Thanks.." On one level it becomes..can you take him. Just saying, at some level intimidation will work.
Based on what has been said, I don't think that the OP wants to travel that road for whatever reason. Some people can't and that is OK.

OP maybe you should install a very bright motion activated halogen security light along with the cameras. I'm talking blindingly bright. That might be enough to make your spot less desireable.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 10:25 PM   #74
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNus View Post
Based on what has been said, I don't think that the OP wants to travel that road for whatever reason. Some people can't and that is OK.

OP maybe you should install a very bright motion activated halogen security light along with the cameras. I'm talking blindingly bright. That might be enough to make your spot less desireable.
Well..it becomes if the cops aren't going to be part of the equation and you don't want to defend your property then just live with your new neighbor. I can tell you this: if a person decided to take residence on my property it would not be for more than an hour. The cops would take care of it and I am a pretty impatient, get things done person and in pretty good shape....so..never would happen with me.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 10:33 PM   #75
TheNus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Well..it becomes if the cops aren't going to be part of the equation and you don't want to defend your property then just live with your new neighbor. I can tell you this: if a person decided to take residence on my property it would not be for more than an hour. The cops would take care of it and I am a pretty impatient, get things done person and in pretty good shape....so..never would happen with me.
I get what you are saying. Like I said above I used to remove homeless people from our investment properties in ways that made them never return and never want to. I don't know that many people would be comfortable with or even condone what would take place in this situations.

I guess I am trying to look at this from someone's perspective who can't or won't go that route in order to reaolve the situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 10:45 PM   #76
cruisingdownthestreet
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4

shoot to kill.
      01-31-2017, 10:46 PM   #77
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I get what you are saying. Like I said above I used to remove homeless people from our investment properties in ways that made them never return and never want to. I don't know that many people would be comfortable with or even condone what would take place in this situations.

I guess I am trying to look at this from someone's perspective who can't or won't go that route in order to reaolve the situation.
So, what do you suggest?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 10:55 PM   #78
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

spray him with the hose. or have him invoulantilairy committed for schizophrenia.
Appreciate 1
PA135i967.50
      01-31-2017, 11:05 PM   #79
TheNus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
So, what do you suggest?
A good dousing with a hose? A sneaky wake up call with a 5 gallon bucket of ice water with a nice canister of bear spray on his belt just in case?

Man I don't know, this is why I believe in violence. I will say this, if OP can snag his main backpack he will have all kinds of leveredge. Homeless people freak out when you take their possession bag.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 02:38 AM   #80
Cameronc08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.1 Turbo/F82 M4/'06 Saleen

Quote:
Buy him a bottle of wine and say you are sorry for making him him hit your new car with a rock while you were driving it because the exhaust was too loud.

...maybe someone will remember that thread.

You didn't handle this one correctly from the beginning so now he knows you won't do anything and is definitely not afraid of you. Call the cops and hope for the best, I don't think you are willing to do what needs to be done beyond that.

That last piece isn't intended to be a knock against you.
Holy fuck I'm dead, I'll never forget it!
      02-01-2017, 03:02 AM   #81
Project Elite
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Excelsior district.

I was actually tempted many times to go out with the metal pipe I use as an extension to my breaker bar, but I figured he might come back and cause more damage than just trash the newspaper and liter a bit. I have cars outside and won't be able to watch him every second when he does come back.

Quote:

Been there, done that, still have it. Not working but it will be a plus with my security cameras now.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 08:10 AM   #82
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

I would call the cops. Light a fire under their ass by saying "I fear for my life." You will basically have to lie (or maybe it's true) that there is a stranger at your door who won't leave and is yelling death threats, and you fear for your life. They have to come out if you paint that scenario. If you call and say there is a homeless guy on your stoop, of course they aren't going to come out - it's San Francisco. Just make sure to stick to your story once they arrive.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 08:10 AM   #83
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Surprised at how many (maybe joking) say you should turn the hose on him, paintball, hit him, etc. Last thing I want to do with someone that is likely crazy has nothing to lose and is outside my house is to escalate the situation from the current irritation.

From him breaking windows to damaging your car you or your insurance will be paying for it. Suing someone with nothing is a waste of time.
      02-01-2017, 09:09 AM   #84
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: when car isn't broke.

I think we need pics of the staircase in question so we can evaluate.

Also, try to at least have a conversation with the dude to get some situational awareness of what his deal is. Is he on something, violent, or suffering from a mental illness? All good things to know that can affect how you approach him.

Try to be polite and treat them like a human being. A little respect can go a long way and help not get your shit messed with.
Appreciate 2
David701567.00
fazman681.00
      02-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #85
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
I would call the cops. Light a fire under their ass by saying "I fear for my life." You will basically have to lie (or maybe it's true) that there is a stranger at your door who won't leave and is yelling death threats, and you fear for your life. They have to come out if you paint that scenario. If you call and say there is a homeless guy on your stoop, of course they aren't going to come out - it's San Francisco. Just make sure to stick to your story once they arrive.

This may work in SF. You definitely have to say the person is making "terroristic" threats at you and your family (if you have kids that even better). The most important words to use "I fear for my life." When these words are used in every self defense shooting in states that allow it, the person is not charge. You may need to say you saw some sort of weapon as well, scream threats these days are protect rights the liberal have fought to protect.

Last edited by Maestro; 02-01-2017 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 11:29 AM   #86
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Elite View Post
Excelsior district.

I was actually tempted many times to go out with the metal pipe I use as an extension to my breaker bar, but I figured he might come back and cause more damage than just trash the newspaper and liter a bit. I have cars outside and won't be able to watch him every second when he does come back.

Been there, done that, still have it. Not working but it will be a plus with my security cameras now.
Hmm.. excelsior isn't really known for homeless. I always thought it was more like civic center and downtown places.

I'm for the call the police every time he shows up but if you have your cars outside, he might vandalize them while he's there so I wouldn't want to anger him too much.

Try calling the DPW or Homeless Outreach. DPW will throw away their belongings if they refuse to comply.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...-your-doorway/
      02-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #87
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

kill this worthless piece of trash...hide the body...no one is going to come looking for his worthless ass. piece of mind he wont come back either.
Appreciate 2
Cattivo680.50
NEFARIOUS435.00
      02-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #88
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
kill this worthless piece of trash...hide the body...no one is going to come looking for his worthless ass. piece of mind he wont come back either.
Sounds like something someone who drives a totaled Celica from New Jersey would say.
Appreciate 0