BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > New 116iA Ordered

01-22-2015, 02:36 AM   #23
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
What problems are these? I am considering the F56 Cooper or an F20 LCI as our next car, but I haven't really seen much talk about technical problems on any of these on the net. The transmission will be manual in either case.
Read the web plus it understeers poorly being front wheel drive and not as well built as BMW.

Why not buy the 116i new three cylinder as it will be a great drive with it's 8 speed auto as Mini is just a six speed auto as well has a really bad lack in first gear start off.
      01-22-2015, 03:13 AM   #24
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
Read the web plus it understeers poorly being front wheel drive and not as well built as BMW.

Why not buy the 116i new three cylinder as it will be a great drive with it's 8 speed auto as Mini is just a six speed auto as well has a really bad lack in first gear start off.
The new 116i has only 109 hp. I would like the 136 hp version you get in the Mini and the 218 Active Tourer. And it will definitely have a manual gearbox.

I have been reading a lot about the F56, and most people say it doesn't understeer much, and that it is fun to drive. FWD is of course very boring in the winter, but I like that it is 200 kg lighter than the BMW. It seems to have more interesting options as well. You can get a headup display, and it comes with a space saver spare wheel.

I am disappointed that we don't get the good versions of the new 3 cylinder engine in the F20. And the 116i and 118i has had a significant power drop in the LCI version.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 08:24 AM   #25
bmw-performance
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i M-sport AT

Quote:
The new 116i has only 109 hp. I would like the 136 hp version you get in the Mini and the 218 Active Tourer. And it will definitely have a manual gearbox.

I have been reading a lot about the F56, and most people say it doesn't understeer much, and that it is fun to drive. FWD is of course very boring in the winter, but I like that it is 200 kg lighter than the BMW. It seems to have more interesting options as well. You can get a headup display, and it comes with a space saver spare wheel.

I am disappointed that we don't get the good versions of the new 3 cylinder engine in the F20. And the 116i and 118i has had a significant power drop in the LCI version.
My car has a recall on the fuel pump, the dealer is going to replace it on Monday, but I will have a Mini F56 Cooper as replacement for the day. I'm really curious about the performance of the 3 cilinder engine and the overal drive.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 12:47 PM   #26
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Quote:

http://www.motoringfile.com/2015/01/...delivery-stop/

I was really disappointed in the i3 as I have one over night and will drop it back today.

It needs sports mode with sports suspension as it rolls around corners to much. It is fast to drive but it is noisy when you park it in the garage until the petrol engine and the battery turns off which took 5-10 minutes. The seats are not as comfortable as the 1 sports seats.

Last edited by Kiwi; 01-22-2015 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0