BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How do you guys feel about this?

10-25-2016, 06:36 AM   #23
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
They are not healthy and I'm willing to bet that they are not truly happy with themselves. However, there are plenty of skinny people who are unhealthy too. And there are also lots of body builders who are overly obsessed and are not mentally healthy as well. There has to be a happy medium. Everyone should limit their fast food and should also exercise a bit. It's not easy and I know that very well. If I didn't exercise and ate what I wanted, I could probably get to size 16 in a couple months.

(Haha, I type this as I'm stuffing an ice cream sandwich in my face but I also just played soccer)
It's very hard to tell if someone is healthy by looking at them. Just because someone has weight on them does not mean they are not healthy. That is the problem with society.
You have to define healthy. Also it's hard to tell just how fat someone is by looking at them. But when we're talking about obesity, it doesn't take a lot of weight to reach this point. But at that point, it is unhealthy and more and more research is showing that it's more unhealthy than science previously suspected.

Fat isn't bad, it's being discovered that it actually functions in ways other than energy storages. But once you reach obese levels, that fat has invaded your organs, increasing the intensity for them to function normally. Basically making it more difficult for your organs to function properly. This side effect of being fat is what's dangerous as it increases the risk of every health problem that humans face. Sharply increases that risk as well. In addition to that, the damage to your organs is more extreme and more permanent the fatter you are and the longer you're fat.

As you pointed out, it's difficult to gauge someone's health by looking at them, well the only way to see the damage you've done to your organs is through post mortem exam.

But nobody wants to have one of those any earlier than necessary. With all things being equal, not being over weight is a guaranteed way to postpone that final exam.
      10-25-2016, 06:46 AM   #24
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Phoenix Yellow Z4C

It just reminds me of the people in the Wall-E movie from 'Buy and Large'. Sorta heading that way. Have a look at the average person from the 50's. Way different.

These women are just plain fat. Happy or not, they're just fatter than they should be.

End of.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 07:39 AM   #25
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
And ... hyperbole's lost on him. I wouldn't sweat it, he'll be 45, 300lbs, eating microwave wings on his barcalounger before he knows it.
I'd like to be sitting in a barcalounger eating wings and 45 again.....not the 300lbs part though....
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 07:43 AM   #26
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep

OK, I'm not being a dick but none of those women appear to be at a healthy weight. Obesity is a serious health problem, carrying that much extra weight is hard on your joints, back and more importantly your cardio vascular system. I think it's great that folks have confidence because I think that a lot of folks eat for comfort and the problem becomes cyclical.
Appreciate 1
Taskmaster2463.00
      10-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #27
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
It's bullshit, fat people shouldn't be celebrated. It's unhealthy and disgusting and they have nothing to be proud of. Since when is a lack of self control and disciple something that should be rewarded?
Speaking of self control...
Appreciate 1
RABAUKE4653.00
      10-25-2016, 07:59 AM   #28
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Who wants an average chick?
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2016, 07:59 AM   #29
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep

Obesity defined:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity

http://www.smartbmicalculator.com

For the record, I am 5'9 and 190 lbs, which give me a BMI of 28.1 which is overweight, a BMI of 30 or more is considered obese. I am 55 and it gets harder to maintain a healthy weight, but I am working on it as I don't want the long term negative affects of carrying too much weight.
Appreciate 2
Mr Tonka6058.00
Taskmaster2463.00
      10-25-2016, 08:16 AM   #30
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

Heres my take:

Obesity should not be celebrated; but it also should not be shamed. Instead, a healthier lifestyle should be encouraged (not forced). I will never judge someone who is obese and truly trying to better themselves. I just cant get behind celebrating it. I'm up every morning at 5am at the gym followed by a 10-14 hour workday. When they tell me they "cant do it" i lose all respect.

America has gone soft, and with all new healthcare regulations, we all have to pay for it.

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 5
      10-25-2016, 08:20 AM   #31
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
Heres my take:

Obesity should not be celebrated; but it also should not be shamed. Instead, a healthier lifestyle should be encouraged (not forced). I will never judge someone who is obese and truly trying to better themselves. I just cant get behind celebrating it. I'm up every morning at 5am at the gym followed by a 10-14 hour workday. When they tell me they "cant do it" i lose all respect.

America has gone soft, and with all new healthcare regulations, we all have to pay for it.
It's not just America.
Appreciate 2
Naz241627.50
Mr Tonka6058.00
      10-25-2016, 08:29 AM   #32
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

r u joking, for a start the woman in the first pose is hot,
2ndly who are to say anyone is disgusting or unhealthy.

I've danced (and I mean proper 50's jive) with some .. for want of a better word "fat" WOMEN who can run rings around there skinny counter parts.

Blame the culture we live in, the ease and cheapness of getting junk food.

Cars, school runs and cellphones.

In different cultures, "fat" or "chubby" means wealth.
That is you have so much money you can EAT more food than you need.

I find that "bigger" women, have better personalities than there skinny size zero's and never have a problem when going to restaurants

"oH O can only eat a stick of celery"

And sex... man, you can pound that beast without fear of breaking bones.

Women also put on weight after child birth.

Then of course you have medical issues.

Diabetes and insulin causes it's own issues (been there done that)

Unless you have the honed body of a young arnold or JCVD, I wouldnt be throwing stones in a glass house.

Consider yourself served

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
It's bullshit, fat people shouldn't be celebrated. It's unhealthy and disgusting and they have nothing to be proud of. Since when is a lack of self control and disciple something that should be rewarded?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 08:36 AM   #33
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck fat View Post
I like to celebrate minding my own fucking business.
This ^^^

/thread
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #34
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Uber

Doesnt really bother me much. If you want to be overweight, fat, etc good for you I guess. The only time its really annoying is on a plane. Aside from that, if you want to cut 10 years from your life well see ya later.

I got suspended from the 5th grade for a jokingly calling a buddy of mine fat. He knew I was joking, we all laughed it off and still do until this day....still got suspended.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 09:50 AM   #35
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

No one ever kidnaps fat chicks, to damn heavy to pick up and stuff in a trunk.
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7555.50
RABAUKE4653.00
      10-25-2016, 09:55 AM   #36
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

This is what happens when you allow minimum standard to become the majority. It therefor becomes the norm.

90% of people are fat due to,
A. LACK of exercise
B. POOR diet choices
C. LACK of discipline and self control
D. Reassuring themselves that there is nothing wrong with A, B and C

less than 10% is to actual medical reasons

We don't respect people who make poor financial choices, why the fuck should we now respect people who make poor diet choices.
Appreciate 8
Naz241627.50
fravel1644.50
Taskmaster2463.00
Jhenka31.00
Germanauto9665.50
RABAUKE4653.00
      10-25-2016, 10:05 AM   #37
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

hahaha! this is clearly not the case in Miami, thank god!
      10-25-2016, 10:10 AM   #38
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
This is what happens when you allow minimum standard to become the majority. It therefor becomes the norm.

90% of people are fat due to,
A. LACK of exercise
B. POOR diet choices
C. LACK of discipline and self control
D. Reassuring themselves that there is nothing wrong with A, B and C

less than 10% is to actual medical reasons

We don't respect people who make poor financial choices, why the fuck should we now respect people who make poor diet choices.

I'll be eating my Arugula and Grilled chicken salad for lunch today, thank you very much.

Shit, i'd love to have shake shack instead, but its all choices.

Need to keep them abs for when i go to cabo!

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 4
Delta03117475.50
Mr Tonka6058.00
RABAUKE4653.00
      10-25-2016, 10:50 AM   #39
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
bacooooonnnn!!
Appreciate 2
Mr Tonka6058.00
upstatedoc7555.50
      10-25-2016, 02:32 PM   #40
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1Boston View Post
Doesnt really bother me much. If you want to be overweight, fat, etc good for you I guess. The only time its really annoying is on a plane. Aside from that, if you want to cut 10 years from your life well see ya later.

I got suspended from the 5th grade for a jokingly calling a buddy of mine fat. He knew I was joking, we all laughed it off and still do until this day....still got suspended.
5th grade must not have been that long ago. That's really soft, even for 5th grade. You had to do some serious shit in my 5th grade to get suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iM-Sport View Post
No one ever kidnaps fat chicks, to damn heavy to pick up and stuff in a trunk.
Safety first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post

99% of people are fat due to,
A. LACK of discipline and self control
B. POOR diet choices
Period.

less than 1% is to actual medical reasons

although, I FTFY a little.

I've recently learned that you can't out exercise a bad diet. Also recently learned that the 80/20 rule that people misquote doesn't mean losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise. It's 100% diet. If you want to lose weight, you'll have to eat less. The only way to out exercise a high calorie diet is if you're a professional athlete meaning work = 4 to 6 hours of physical exercise 5 days a week. But it's 100% diet for the regular folks. Anyone who thinks they are going to lose 10-20 pounds by exercising 30 min a day without diet change, is sadly mistaken. Even an hour a day won't cut it.

I generally exercise at in intense level for 8 hours a week. Not a chance in hell i could have lost the wight i have with that alone. Hell, i lost about 23 pounds before staring to exercise. Lost 33 more after starting regular exercise but all of it came off a pound a week no matter before or after the exercise start point. I tracked my weight every day on the same scale, same time of day, same routine for more than a year. Averaged a loss of 1 pound a week as expected by calorie consumption vs expenditure.

Someone asked me today why i still log my calories on my phone app after i've reached an ideal size and weight. They actually said "why not ditch that app and enjoy your life". I found that kind of funny because i really enjoy not being over weight anymore. And knowing exactly where i am in my calorie intake each day allows me to indulge in my favorite snacks and treats without any guilt. Then I had kind of an epiphany about why it's difficult for so many to lose weight while it was very easy for me......

All addictions are difficult to kick and for the most part people who overcome additions do so by completely abstaining from their addiction. Look at Axius for instance. He's addicted to strip clubs. He spends every night there, spends hundreds each night in hopes of taking one, ANY of the stripers home, especially the midget ones. After his car, bike and home were repossessed and foreclosed on he realized he had a problem. But because the addiction is so strong, he can't just cut back to 3 nights a week with a $25 dollar limit. The draw is too strong and he'll spend far more than that each night. So he abstains from all the clubs all the time because allowing himself a little always turns into partaking too much.

Food is different in that we can't just abstain from it all together. So if you've grown up with bad habits, developed a bad relationship with food or just love to eat.... you're forced to manage your addiction to food type, frequency and quantity. We all know that people with addictions generally suck at managing internal desires so that usually doesn't work out too well. I'm no different as i love to eat food. For me, i had to employ something that would help me make better decisions and keep me accountable to my goals. Myfitnesspal calorie logging app is what did the trick for me.
RickFLM410879.00
Axius4202.00
      10-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #41
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
hahaha! this is clearly not the case in Miami, thank god!
Currently being a single guy, i might have to move there this winter....
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 03:38 PM   #42
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
5th grade must not have been that long ago. That's really soft, even for 5th grade. You had to do some serious shit in my 5th grade to get suspended.

24 years old now so it was some time ago...I wouldnt say a lot though haha. NYC public schools...they weren't exactly lenient in my district. All I did was call the kid fat...my exact words were "you have a blubber pack" it was enough to warrant a 3 day suspension.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 03:51 PM   #43
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1Boston View Post
24 years old now so it was some time ago...I wouldnt say a lot though haha. NYC public schools...they weren't exactly lenient in my district. All I did was call the kid fat...my exact words were "you have a blubber pack" it was enough to warrant a 3 day suspension.
Did they call a counselor in for the kid you called fat and over him hug therapy and his own personal safe space?
      10-25-2016, 03:54 PM   #44
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

How do I feel about it?

If the trend keeps up I foresee a lot of lonely women who can't attract men, and lonely men who want nothing to do with the women that are available.

Like seriously, there are few things I want out of life more than to be a husband and father, but I would rather stay single for life before pretending to be attracted to one of those women.

Last edited by fravel; 10-25-2016 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 4
ASAP10051.00
Taskmaster2463.00