BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > New owners: What do you like, what do you hate?

03-14-2012, 04:59 AM   #23
Fanis
Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: 116i (F20) Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lluiset View Post
- Why PDC doesn't stop beeping when I have finished parking and gearlever is set to N?
- Why do I have hands-free system but not voice control, even having a "mouth" button in my steering wheel?
- Why is ACTIVE cruise control not available for F20?
- I do not have electronic folding mirrors, but why the profiles do not keep their position?
1. It stops when you put the gearlever (in automatic gearbox) in ''P''.
2. It is an extra option, you have to pay for that.
3. Probably due to cost, it would be too expensive as an option for an entry model. Similar to HUD not being available.
4. That is how it works. In order to have ''memory'' function for the mirrors you have to have either the electric folding mirrors or electric seats with memory.
2005-07: BMW 325ti (E46)
2004-05: BMW 318i (E36)
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 05:17 AM   #24
Matt T
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 120d Sport-line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lluiset View Post
- Why PDC doesn't stop beeping when I have finished parking and gearlever is set to N?
It seems to switch off immediately if there's nothing in range of the sensors, but stay on as a warning if you are close to something. Seems sensible to me...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #25
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanis View Post
On manual gearbox the pdc-rear doesn't stop beeping even if you go into 1st gear and start moving forward. So stupid, they really failed there.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #26
Lluiset
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 116d Urban

Quote:
2. It is an extra option, you have to pay for that.
3. Probably due to cost, it would be too expensive as an option for an entry model. Similar to HUD not being available.
4. That is how it works. In order to have ''memory'' function for the mirrors you have to have either the electric folding mirrors or electric seats with memory.
2. I am sure it's just a software update. Do you know the code of this option?
3. I do not think so: I have anti-collision sensor and cruise control with braking function, so my car is able to both detect when I am too close to another vehicle and to control my brakes.
4. Yes, but it is a pity, as standard orientation of the mirrors is electronic, too, so it could be simple to memorize it.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #27
Matt T
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 120d Sport-line

Am getting my summer wheels put on on Monday. Will give the girl a wash too, and finally be able to take some photos of her, looking the way she's supposed to.

(Not to mention, driving the way she's supposed to. )
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #28
DRIVE'R
Private First Class
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt T View Post
Am getting my summer wheels put on on Monday. Will give the girl a wash too, and finally be able to take some photos of her, looking the way she's supposed to.

(Not to mention, driving the way she's supposed to. )
make her scream
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 05:40 AM   #29
cliveywolves
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport Plus Edition 2020

Daytime running lights ( non xenon ) too yellowish, im going to change the bulbs try and get very bright white effect..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 12:29 AM   #30
Jameson
Rep
Drives: 116i

Quote:
I like everyhting about the car, except 2 things (up to now!):

1. Poor visibility of the low part of the instruments...actually I cannot see them at all! Big ergonomic foul from BMW.

2. The Professional Hi-Fi has very poor performance...almost identical to the normal one.
So, do you think itīs no recomended tu buy the HiFi system? Iīm thinking about it, because the HK option is too expensive...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #31
Bengaz
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 125D

likes.
Auto box
pro nav
memory seats
mirrors
adaptive xenons
125d engine
stop button automatically selects park for you - brilliant
the auto version of stop start - seamless (at last bmw)

dislikes.
view through steering wheel limited
fuel consumption in winter (it's still new tho) 34mpg driving carefully

hates.
road noise (even with non run flats)

not arsed about.
looks
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 02:03 AM   #32
Fanis
Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: 116i (F20) Auto

Garage List
@Jameson: I think it is worth it, because it is quite cheap. If gou can afford, go for the HK. If not (like me) then the Professional Hi-Fi is a bit better than the standard one (especially on bass) for a little more money.
2005-07: BMW 325ti (E46)
2004-05: BMW 318i (E36)
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #33
Jameson
Rep
Drives: 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolz View Post
I like the cruisecontroll aswell, nicely informative/clean. The engine is very nice, good performance through all the way up to 4500rpm, very nice for a diesel! Sport-seats and hifi-system is great. Overall-all comfort, stabililty and noiselevels are all thumbs up.

what I don't like; feels like the xenonlights don't throw far enough... also I'm not impressed by the antispin that is not compatible with nordic tyres, must be turned off or you'r driving in a death-trap, also it fucks upp the cruisecontroll. If you resume the cruisecontrol and the car start accelerating, the cruisecontroll is quickly dis-engaged because the antispin recognise a non-existing wheelspin.
also the manual gearbox has caused some swearing, probably cause it's brand-new and therefore stiff, and some cold -20C degrees-nights didn't made it any smoother About 3 times in one month I ended up in reverse-gear instead of first gear =S bear in mind I've driven two different (manual) bmw-models for years, NEVER EVER have I by mistake ended up in reverse instead of 1st, only in the f20, and the positioning of the gears are obviously exactly the same on all cars. Or maybe they aren't, as the gear-changing-reflexes I've worked up over the years are not compatible with this gearbox maybe the "blocker"you have to pass to get to reverse is softer on this one or something.

The issue is probably because my previous cars were old and well-used, hence the gearboxes had became smooth and destinct, I'm sure this one will be aswell.

last thing to whine about is the PDC. I only have PDC-rear, so when I back up to something it beeps/display the distance to the object, that's great, but why the f*ck doesn't it stop beeping when I'm done with the parking, car is stopped and the gearlever is set to neutral? annoying

mostly minor stuff, but still think it's poor and I can't understand how some of the flaws can be there... kind of flaws that shouldn't exist in a car supposed to be premium.
Hi! you said the Hi-Fi system is great; I donīt know wich one choose: the Hi-Fi system or the HK system. If the Hi-Fi is good enough, Iīll get it. So, it may be really helpful for me to know your opinion. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #34
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Hi! you said the Hi-Fi system is great; I donīt know wich one choose: the Hi-Fi system or the HK system. If the Hi-Fi is good enough, Iīll get it. So, it may be really helpful for me to know your opinion. Thanks in advance!
I haven't heard the HK system but if you got the extra money to spare, why not go for it. It is supposed to be even better than the hifi-system.

That said I'm really happy with the hifi-system. Certainly good enough for me and I think I'm pretty picky when it comes to sound. Just go for high-quality mp3 and put it on a usb and play from there.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #35
theelk
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

I like/love:

- Daytime lights
- Front look
- the amazing torque at mostly any RPM
- seats
- size and quality of the GPS screen and idrive software

I dislike:

- that the car goes to P gear when you open a door (automatic gearbox)
- lack of gauges (temperature/turbo) on the dashboard for a sports hatchback car
- fuel tank a little small
      02-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #36
eminate
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i M-Sport

Have you tried to open the door with the seatbelt fastened? Does it still go into P?

2013 BMW F20 -
B45-337-ZVA-ZVM-2NH-302-3AG-420-430-465-493-522-563-575-609-615-654-674-6NF-6UH-6VA-6WA-8TH
Appreciate 0