BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Front left wheel arch cover damage.

04-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #1
hardlix
Rep
Drives: 116i

Front left wheel arch cover damage.

Hi everyone,

I have discovered a damage of front left wheel arch cover. Somehow a small piece of the part had been cut out causing it lowering as you can observe from the side of the car.

Could anyone here advice me whether I can glue it again or I have to replace the whole part.

Thank a lot!!!

Last edited by hardlix; 04-23-2016 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #2
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

I think my local dealer could have fixed that damage by heating the plastic up, maybe combined with some glue. They have fixed a couple of plastic damages for me, and it always looks like new, even if they haven't replaced the part.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 09:10 PM   #3
hardlix
Rep
Drives: 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
I think my local dealer could have fixed that damage by heating the plastic up, maybe combined with some glue. They have fixed a couple of plastic damages for me, and it always looks like new, even if they haven't replaced the part.
Thanks ovekvam, I had checked with dealer and they said that replacing the whole part is the only choice, for such a tiny break
Appreciate 0