BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Replace rear deck speakers

10-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
iqui27
United_States
Rep
Drives: 125i M

Replace rear deck speakers

Hey guys,

I tried to found some information about how tear down rear deck but I didn't find.

Someone know how do it?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 08:23 AM   #2
oeron
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW (F20) 118i M 2013

I'm looking for such info as well, got the alpine retrofit kit, would like to change the rear speakers and add twitters on both sides.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 12:29 PM   #3
xantant
Rep
Drives: F20

Change rear speakers

That's easy. You just need to get rid of the panels on the left and right side of your trunk. Therefore put both your rear-seats in a downward position first. Afterwards lift the panel on the bottom of the trunk. You will see your battery, combox etc. If you have the "storage compartment package" (sorry, don't know If that is the right word for it) you have to loosen two Torx screws now (see photo - 1.). After that find 4 knobs securing the bumper protection and take it out (photo - 2.). Now you can get rid of the left and right panel by just taking it out. They are not secured with screws etc. Be careful on the right side though as there is the LED for your trunk and in some cases a power plug.
Now you can take out the speakers. They are secured with 3 screws each. If you want to upgrade your speakers with tweeters you need to change the speaker panels now.

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 01:04 PM   #4
xantant
Rep

But if you ask me - it's not necessary to upgrade the rear speakers. The sound doesn't get better in any way as the alpine system is a front system. The rear speakers in the F-Model Alpine Kit are now driven by the AMP and their sound is more than OK. I tried the H/K Speakers and the sound doesn't get better. I've sold them and put in the old speakers.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 02:48 AM   #5
oeron
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW (F20) 118i M 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantant View Post
But if you ask me - it's not necessary to upgrade the rear speakers. The sound doesn't get better in any way as the alpine system is a front system. The rear speakers in the F-Model Alpine Kit are now driven by the AMP and their sound is more than OK. I tried the H/K Speakers and the sound doesn't get better. I've sold them and put in the old speakers.
Thanks xantant, that's an informative description i'll appreciate. You've made a lot installation on your car without a satisfying result; i mean that it's quite interressting that H/K speakers didn't make a difference. It has been almost 1,5 years since i fitted the Alpine system and i'm pleased to have done it. I was just wondering if a slight touch on the rear speakers would make an improvement but i got the answer by the way. Everyone who listens to the sound is very impressed, it worth its price.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #6
xantant
Rep

Which EQ-Setting did you choose when you installed the alpine retrofit? There are quite a few possible settings.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 02:28 AM   #7
dizx
Second Lieutenant
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantant View Post
Which EQ-Setting did you choose when you installed the alpine retrofit? There are quite a few possible settings.
I did this retrofit, and don't know how to change any EQ-settings. Do you know?