BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Any former E36 M3 owners in here?

07-03-2017, 11:05 PM   #23
Voomar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB (week 35)

I still have my '98 M3/4 that I bought new. First 1200 miles were in Bavaria since I took ED on a US spec car Easter weekend. 77K now miles with a lot of track time and it's bullet-proof reliable. It mainly a garage-queen now and I'm thinking of selling it since I have a WK 35 2018 M2 allocation. Really torn on what to do as I have an Audi A3 quattro as a DD and I'm running out of garage space. I took the M3 for a spin today only to realize how numb the Audi feels. FWIW, I have a E46 325i that I bought for my kids...great handling car that has aged well, but no comparison to the E36 M3 in terms of reliability and agility. I've spent more maintenance $ on the E46 than I care to admit. The E36 M3, especially the US spec version, will likely never get the accolades of the E30 or E46 versions, but it's be a great car for me over the last 20 years!
Appreciate 0