BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F21 M135i impression
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
scheneider
Private First Class
scheneider's Avatar
7
Rep
136
Posts

 
Drives: ///M //AMG
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Asia

iTrader: (0)

F21 M135i updated pics

Hey guys, feels good finally post my fist thread here as a f21 m135i owner.

received my car last week, quick first impression, this m performance car really feels different than the standard 335i/135i, something about the ride and engine is just more "M". again not as hard to drive as a 1M/M3.

Really BMW just create a beast that u can use everyday without shouting "M" everywhere.
What troubling me, people always asking if is this a M car? I always go back to audi RS and S explanation , the best explanation so far, anyone agrees?

updated pics, taken with Leica M9

Name:  L1005806v2.jpg
Views: 2193
Size:  180.9 KB

Name:  L1005812.jpg
Views: 2216
Size:  431.2 KB

Name:  L1005803.jpg
Views: 2121
Size:  269.5 KB

Name:  L1005810.jpg
Views: 2026
Size:  300.4 KB
Attached Images
   

Last edited by scheneider; 03-03-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Updated pics
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
elstoof
Private First Class
United Kingdom
1
Rep
128
Posts

 
Drives: A3 (current) 125i (ordered)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London, england

iTrader: (0)

It's not an M car, there's no LSD and you can select an xDrive if you want. It's not an M-Sport either, which is just a trim level like the S-line for Audi. It's something else, in the same spirit as the M635CSi and has its own little piece of heritage as a result.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
mowflow
Colonel
mowflow's Avatar
Scotland
28
Rep
2,433
Posts

 
Drives: F20 125d
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (2)

It's an MLite.
__________________
Daily F20 125d | Alpine white | coral red leather | visibility pack | driver comfort pack | Business pro | black panel display | heated seats | BMW P Black grill
Project Peugeot 205 1.6 GTi | Alpine white | No ABS | No traction control | No power steering... pretty much just a car
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
scheneider
Private First Class
scheneider's Avatar
7
Rep
136
Posts

 
Drives: ///M //AMG
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Asia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
It's an MLite.

yeap, that make sense
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:18 AM   #5
lonant76
New Member
1
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: M135i Auto, LSD
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Scheneider. Congratulations. That is the first one I have seen in Jakarta. I live here too, and can't face having anything so sporty, but have one on order for when I get back to Switzerland later this year.

Are you near Grand Indonesia, I would love to come and see it sometime.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #6
theelk
New Member
1
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M135i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Nice! I have only seen 1 other M135i in Switzerland yet, so it's a rare breed so far! On autoscout however around 70 are already available...
__________________
The Elk
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #7
scheneider
Private First Class
scheneider's Avatar
7
Rep
136
Posts

 
Drives: ///M //AMG
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Asia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonant76
Scheneider. Congratulations. That is the first one I have seen in Jakarta. I live here too, and can't face having anything so sporty, but have one on order for when I get back to Switzerland later this year.

Are you near Grand Indonesia, I would love to come and see it sometime.
Thanks lonant76, yes this is the first batch of delivery. Ithink astra bmw is still have 1 black m135. If u want pm me ur number ill give u the sales contact.

Im away frm jakarta a lot but pm me ur number i let u know when im around jakarta/ grand indo, if u wana cek it out
__________________
---------------------------
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
washout04
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

I seriously don't get how anyone can say that car looks ugly.

Perhaps if you get it sans M kit with the wrong colour/wheel combo you might have a point, but look at those photos people. Looks insanely good.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 01:57 AM   #9
ovekvam
Colonel
Norway
30
Rep
2,190
Posts

 
Drives: F20 116i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bryne, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washout04 View Post
I seriously don't get how anyone can say that car looks ugly.

Perhaps if you get it sans M kit with the wrong colour/wheel combo you might have a point, but look at those photos people. Looks insanely good.
+1. That's a beauty.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #10
F20Bimmer
New Member
Belgium
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: 116d EDE 5 doors
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gent

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 116d  [5.00]
Very nice car, love the color, my wife doesn't like the Estoril Blue, so we bought a black version of the F20

Have a safe ride!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 04:00 AM   #11
vladberca
Brigadier General
vladberca's Avatar
Romania
39
Rep
3,785
Posts

 
Drives: '09 jetta tsi 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova

iTrader: (0)

Great pics of an awesome car
Drive it safe!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #12
marlie
Captain
marlie's Avatar
United Kingdom
14
Rep
778
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X6 35D + M135i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Uk - Essex

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to marlie
Possibly the best photos I've seen of the m135i
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
WeekendDriver
Private
WeekendDriver's Avatar
2
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Great pictures of a beautiful car!
Did you wax the car right away or have applied some treatments to make it so shiny?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #14
scheneider
Private First Class
scheneider's Avatar
7
Rep
136
Posts

 
Drives: ///M //AMG
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Asia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendDriver View Post
Great pictures of a beautiful car!
Did you wax the car right away or have applied some treatments to make it so shiny?
Thanks, nope just normal wash but i believe since its new, the dealership waxed the car before delivery last week
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #15
raffoul232
Private
0
Rep
84
Posts

 
Drives: m135i xdrive
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lebanon

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheneider
Hey guys, feels good finally post my fist thread here as a f21 m135i owner.

received my car last week, quick first impression, this m performance car really feels different than the standard 335i/135i, something about the ride and engine is just more "M". again not as hard to drive as a 1M/M3.

Really BMW just create a beast that u can use everyday without shouting "M" everywhere.
What troubling me, people always asking if is this a M car? I always go back to audi RS and S explanation , the best explanation so far, anyone agrees?

updated pics, taken with Leica M9

Attachment 824794

Attachment 824790

Attachment 824791

Attachment 824792

Attachment 824793
Great pics congrats, still waiting on mine. About the m badge maybe this article might help you explain its quite interesting: http://www.m-power.com/_open/b/varlink1.jsp?lang=en&x=2807
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #16
JustinHuang
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

 
Drives: bmw E90 325 M sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shanghai China

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for your post, very nice pics! I am plan to order a M135i in middle of 2013, and very agree with the explain of S/RS line.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #17
washout04
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

I had a test drive in a M135i on the weekend and it was one of the most fun drives I have ever had.

I think it might be out of our price range and will go for the 125 instead, but damn it was a brilliant car. I think it may have swayed me from a strickly manual only driver as well. The VF 8speed is an amazing thing.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
cozza
///Mthusiast
cozza's Avatar
Australia
38
Rep
1,749
Posts

 
Drives: M135i (March delivery)
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Nice pics. Nicer camera though!
__________________
///M135i: AUTO | ALPINE WHITE | CORAL RED LEATHER | HEATED SEATS | SUNROOF | NAV | DAB TUNER | HARMAN KARDON | PERFORMANCE BITS 'N' PIECES
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #19
scheneider
Private First Class
scheneider's Avatar
7
Rep
136
Posts

 
Drives: ///M //AMG
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Asia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHuang View Post
Thanks for your post, very nice pics! I am plan to order a M135i in middle of 2013, and very agree with the explain of S/RS line.
order it, what other candidates?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:22 AM   #20
scheneider
Private First Class
scheneider's Avatar
7
Rep
136
Posts

 
Drives: ///M //AMG
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Asia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washout04 View Post
I had a test drive in a M135i on the weekend and it was one of the most fun drives I have ever had.

I think it might be out of our price range and will go for the 125 instead, but damn it was a brilliant car. I think it may have swayed me from a strickly manual only driver as well. The VF 8speed is an amazing thing.

125i is still a fast car, 6.5 sec? thats mini S JCW , GTI territory. ecu tune should do the trick
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:22 AM   #21
scheneider
Private First Class
scheneider's Avatar
7
Rep
136
Posts

 
Drives: ///M //AMG
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Asia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozza View Post
Nice pics. Nicer camera though!
double thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #22
washout04
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheneider View Post
125i is still a fast car, 6.5 sec? thats mini S JCW , GTI territory. ecu tune should do the trick
Thanks Scheneider. I'm really looking forward to the 125i. Aparently with the 8speed the 0-100 time is down to 6.2. Pretty quick indeed.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST