BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > My 5-Door M135i...Arrived!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #23
HasanK
Private First Class
10
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Saudi Arabia

iTrader: (0)

Awesome vid! Are you still running it in? It sounds like you weren't hitting full revs yet

How loud is it when generally accelerating around town, not really hard acceleration?
__________________
Superman Spec M135i
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #24
logiclee
Private First Class
3
Rep
188
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Notts, UK

iTrader: (0)

One thing I've been wondering.

You can leave the auto box in D or move it left into Sports mode with higher shift points.

Or you can leave it in D then select Sport or Sport+ on the drive control. This also alters shift points.

Or I suppose you could have the box in sports mode and then switch between eco-pro, comfort, sport, sport+.

So my question is how do the shift points compare? For example when driving in "Comfort" with the box selector in Sport are the shift points the same as driving in "Sport" with the box selector in Drive.

Cheers
Lee
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #25
Patrick BMW
Second Lieutenant
Patrick BMW's Avatar
United Kingdom
4
Rep
210
Posts

 
Drives: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cobham, England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 125i  [4.50]
nice nice nice nice nice nice
drool
you'll have LOADS of fun in it! My 125 m-sport has just AWESOME performance, so I'm dead jealous now...
;-)
__________________
Patrick
125i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #26
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
James Quigley - how about you?
Tim Woodhead mate
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #27
AusF20
Captain
AusF20's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
796
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 125i M sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

TMP

What can I say " Another 'babe magnet' Estoril Blue F20 hits the road

Big Congrats on your M135i

The sound is great, could you do another run, this time in a tunnel.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #28
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
60
Rep
2,882
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasanK View Post
Awesome vid! Are you still running it in? It sounds like you weren't hitting full revs yet

How loud is it when generally accelerating around town, not really hard acceleration?
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclee View Post
One thing I've been wondering.

You can leave the auto box in D or move it left into Sports mode with higher shift points.

Or you can leave it in D then select Sport or Sport+ on the drive control. This also alters shift points.

Or I suppose you could have the box in sports mode and then switch between eco-pro, comfort, sport, sport+.

So my question is how do the shift points compare? For example when driving in "Comfort" with the box selector in Sport are the shift points the same as driving in "Sport" with the box selector in Drive.

Cheers
Lee
I imagine they are the same, bit if I am in sport I dont like the way it hangs onto gears so end up in Manual or back in drive quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick BMW View Post
nice nice nice nice nice nice
drool
you'll have LOADS of fun in it! My 125 m-sport has just AWESOME performance, so I'm dead jealous now...
;-)
Cheers matey

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeech View Post
Tim Woodhead mate
had a right snotty receptionist though - soured the experience for my wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
TMP

What can I say " Another 'babe magnet' Estoril Blue F20 hits the road

Big Congrats on your M135i

The sound is great, could you do another run, this time in a tunnel.
Yup, will do fella!
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #29
curly
Private
0
Rep
58
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Madchester uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
A impromptu vid, when i took my mate out to show him the car. Not a bad sound

The ZF 8at is so quick at upshifting

The car sounds nice,it kinda reminds me of my old CSL
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #30
Patrick BMW
Second Lieutenant
Patrick BMW's Avatar
United Kingdom
4
Rep
210
Posts

 
Drives: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cobham, England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 125i  [4.50]
__________________
Patrick
125i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #31
HasanK
Private First Class
10
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Saudi Arabia

iTrader: (0)

Are the side bolsters on the seats useful for when cornering hard, or is it like they don't exist?
__________________
Superman Spec M135i
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #32
Naambezet
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
2
Rep
292
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive 20i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasanK View Post
Are the side bolsters on the seats useful for when cornering hard, or is it like they don't exist?
Very useful. You can pump them up to your own liking
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #33
HasanK
Private First Class
10
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Saudi Arabia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naambezet
Very useful. You can pump them up to your own liking
I'd really like it if someone can show me a photo of the two extremes?

__________________
Superman Spec M135i
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #34
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
ozinaldo's Avatar
Portugal
46
Rep
3,053
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
The car sounds nice,it kinda reminds me of my old CSL
Seriously CSL like sound, definitely better than a stock 1M and imo better still than a 1M with N55 mid pipes. Absolutely no need for an aftermarket exhaust for this car
__________________
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #35
tyler9595
Lieutenant
tyler9595's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
590
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (0)

That's a fantastic choice, IMO. Congrats.
__________________
2013 135is (N55), Carbon Black, ZPP, ZTP, DCT, HK audio, heated seats
Previous - 2010 e90 335i (N54), BSM, 6AT, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Hi-Fi, Nav, BMW PPK & PE, Dinan S2
Previous - 2007 e90 335i (N54), BSM, 6AT, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Hi-Fi
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 08:31 AM   #36
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
60
Rep
2,882
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Some good noise (as requested)



__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #37
phil3103
Private First Class
4
Rep
196
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sussex

iTrader: (0)

Great videos! Mine's due week 48 (does that mean 1st week in Dec or am I a plonker?) and watching this makes it that much harder to wait!!

Keep the vids/pics coming.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #38
WeekendDriver
Private
WeekendDriver's Avatar
2
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Damn, mine is not going to arrive till march the earliest.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #39
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
60
Rep
2,882
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Seriously CSL like sound, definitely better than a stock 1M and imo better still than a 1M with N55 mid pipes. Absolutely no need for an aftermarket exhaust for this car
totally agree, M have got it spot on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler9595 View Post
That's a fantastic choice, IMO. Congrats.


Quote:
Originally Posted by phil3103 View Post
Great videos! Mine's due week 48 (does that mean 1st week in Dec or am I a plonker?) and watching this makes it that much harder to wait!!

Keep the vids/pics coming.
early Dec yep

Its goign to getting its winter wax / protect so will take a few more pics then. running out of vid ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendDriver View Post
Damn, mine is not going to arrive till march the earliest.
March???
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 04:37 AM   #40
WeekendDriver
Private
WeekendDriver's Avatar
2
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

I ordered the car late Sep, and I was told production is delayed from Nov to Jan. It will be Mar the earliest by the time it gets to my car park. This shows how nice BMW is treating it's customers in Hong Kong.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 05:00 AM   #41
madvlam
Enlisted Member
madvlam's Avatar
Hong Kong
0
Rep
49
Posts

 
Drives: Mineral Gray M135i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendDriver
I ordered the car late Sep, and I was told production is delayed from Nov to Jan. It will be Mar the earliest by the time it gets to my car park. This shows how nice BMW is treating it's customers in Hong Kong.
Oh my! I m also from HK, ordered in Oct but told them no need to try MY2012 production quota, now I started to worry when will I get mine
__________________
2001: Pegueot 206GTi
2009: VW Golf GTI MK6
2013: BMW ///M135i
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 05:14 AM   #42
BM635
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: E24 635CSI
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendDriver
I ordered the car late Sep, and I was told production is delayed from Nov to Jan. It will be Mar the earliest by the time it gets to my car park. This shows how nice BMW is treating it's customers in Hong Kong.
I'm also from HK. Think I might be one of the earlier ones to order the M135i, so I'll be getting mine middle of next week. Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #43
madvlam
Enlisted Member
madvlam's Avatar
Hong Kong
0
Rep
49
Posts

 
Drives: Mineral Gray M135i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendDriver
I ordered the car late Sep, and I was told production is delayed from Nov to Jan. It will be Mar the earliest by the time it gets to my car park. This shows how nice BMW is treating it's customers in Hong Kong.
Did they say whether u subject to price change if it's MY2013?
__________________
2001: Pegueot 206GTi
2009: VW Golf GTI MK6
2013: BMW ///M135i
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #44
WeekendDriver
Private
WeekendDriver's Avatar
2
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Sales said any price changes should not affect me, since the original planned production was in 2012, and it is not me that ask for the delay.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST