BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Should I get gap insurance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Viva87
Private First Class
3
Rep
128
Posts

 
Drives: F20 118i sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Should I get gap insurance

Received my car 2weeks ago at the time of the handover I was offered gap insurance from BMW something like £349 for 3 yrs 10000 cover

Has anyone purchased this

Also tire insurance ?? Anyone purchased this ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Get gap insurance- but don't pay their prices- google around- you can get the same deal BMW offer for £115 which is what I did.

Don't bother with tyre insurance
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
Viva87
Private First Class
3
Rep
128
Posts

 
Drives: F20 118i sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeech
Get gap insurance- but don't pay their prices- google around- you can get the same deal BMW offer for £115 which is what I did.

Don't bother with tyre insurance
Thanks any websites /company's u can recommend ! ?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
Stevieboy
Registered
Scotland
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives: 116i Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

I would recommend the tyre insurance. These run flats are pretty expensive and from past experience you only need about 2 claims to pay for it. I've claimed about £4,000 in tyres from my last 2 policies. Each tyre on my 3 series was about £350. Not sure what the 1 series tyres cost but I'm sure I'll find out in time.
Ps. You never heard it from me but if your tyres are running low on tread a couple of nails usually let you claim lovely new ones.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieboy View Post
I would recommend the tyre insurance. These run flats are pretty expensive and from past experience you only need about 2 claims to pay for it. I've claimed about £4,000 in tyres from my last 2 policies. Each tyre on my 3 series was about £350. Not sure what the 1 series tyres cost but I'm sure I'll find out in time.
Ps. You never heard it from me but if your tyres are running low on tread a couple of nails usually let you claim lovely new ones.

They're around 160 for run flats on the 1 series- if you look around
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 03:47 AM   #6
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva87 View Post
Thanks any websites /company's u can recommend ! ?
i'm going to use www.directgap.co.uk
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 04:18 AM   #7
hufc2002
Private First Class
hufc2002's Avatar
England
4
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F20 118d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Teesside

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeech View Post
i'm going to use www.directgap.co.uk
What claim limit did you set?
__________________

Estoril Blue 118d M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 04:22 AM   #8
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufc2002 View Post
What claim limit did you set?
purchase price: 23,600
term: 3 years
limit: 15,000
premium: 115

BMW's premium for the same policy: 380
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 04:26 AM   #9
hufc2002
Private First Class
hufc2002's Avatar
England
4
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F20 118d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Teesside

iTrader: (0)

Yeah BMW's is expensive, got my last GAP through them when I never really understood what it was but soooooooo glad I did!

Is it RTI your getting?

My purchase price was 24,000 however I want 4 years cover. Looks to be about 170.
__________________

Estoril Blue 118d M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 04:41 AM   #10
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufc2002 View Post
Yeah BMW's is expensive, got my last GAP through them when I never really understood what it was but soooooooo glad I did!

Is it RTI your getting?

My purchase price was 24,000 however I want 4 years cover. Looks to be about 170.
yep, its RTI. i picked 3 as i'll be trading mine in after 3 years. My dealer reduced the offer from 380 to 179 as their best offer. i turned it down. happy to go to 150, if they throw the Y cable in
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 04:57 AM   #11
hufc2002
Private First Class
hufc2002's Avatar
England
4
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F20 118d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Teesside

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeech View Post
yep, its RTI. i picked 3 as i'll be trading mine in after 3 years. My dealer reduced the offer from 380 to 179 as their best offer. i turned it down. happy to go to 150, if they throw the Y cable in
Are they going to throw a Y cable in or are you going to have to buy one?
__________________

Estoril Blue 118d M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 05:13 AM   #12
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufc2002 View Post
Are they going to throw a Y cable in or are you going to have to buy one?
no idea yet- i'll find out when i go to pick the car up- hoping so!
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST