BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Time for a REAL sport to start

04-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #23
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 10|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72

Drives: Race car->

i agree baseball is where its at. it creates tension not just continual scoring. the immediate gratification driven america hates it.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is online now   United_States
      04-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #24
BKap08
Colonel

Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanbandit View Post
Football is still months away, imo that is the only real sport. But then what do I know
Football isn't the only real sport but in my opinion it's the toughest sport. Baseball is a complete joke. It's an activity at the most and completely overpayed
BKap08 is offline   United_States
      04-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #25
1MOREMOD

please try staying healthy through a 162 game season. i can get beat up playing softball a couple nights a week.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
      04-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #26
ra2fanatic
Lieutenant General

Drives: '08 AW E92 335i

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ra2fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
real sport about to start? bro hockey started in October.
+1111111111

it's too bad my Ducks weren't able to make the push into the playoffs. they had a nice run in the 2nd half, but their slow 1st half f'd them over. it's sad, they have great talent, but they just weren't clicking early. I hope Selanne doesn't retire....

to OP: I'm also excited for the Angels. I can finally say I'm excited to see the Angels play. Even after they acquired Tori, and then Wells, I knew it wasn't going to be enough, overhyped them. Glad this offseason the pulled off the huge deals.

Camden S...Stg4
ra2fanatic is offline   United_States
      04-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #27
BKap08
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
please try staying healthy through a 162 game season. i can get beat up playing softball a couple nights a week.
I think the red socks got it right. Drinking beer and eating fried chicken during a game. Basketball involves constant running. Something baseball doesn't. Every player in the NFL and football in general goes through an extreme amount of contact their bodies go under extreme amounts of stress. Baseball is a complete joke. How can a pitcher be considered an athlete when they play roughly 30 games a season
      04-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #28
1MOREMOD

If you could throw 100mph fastball wouldn't you consider yourself an athlete? I'm an athlete just no one pays me to play.

04-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #29
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut

Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
I think the red socks got it right. Drinking beer and eating fried chicken during a game. Basketball involves constant running. Something baseball doesn't. Every player in the NFL and football in general goes through an extreme amount of contact their bodies go under extreme amounts of stress. Baseball is a complete joke. How can a pitcher be considered an athlete when they play roughly 30 games a season
by that logic football players dont deserve their salaries. *cough* 16 games a season *cough*
      04-06-2012, 04:14 AM   #30
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut

Quote:
Football isn't the only real sport but in my opinion it's the toughest sport. Baseball is a complete joke. It's an activity at the most and completely overpayed
Football is the toughest sport? What are you smoking?

Hockey is the toughest sport with the most badass players. You know what happens when a hockey player thinks he has a broken foot? He walks off the ice, they xray him in his boot say "yep thats broken" and then they send him out to finish the game.

Also have you tried to skate? skating at the level of professional hockey players and then playing a sport on top of it? Like any of us could actually do that
      04-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #31
1MOREMOD

No way soccer is the most bad ass. Have you seen how often they go down without any noticable contact?

04-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #32
BKap08
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Football is the toughest sport? What are you smoking?

Hockey is the toughest sport with the most badass players. You know what happens when a hockey player thinks he has a broken foot? He walks off the ice, they xray him in his boot say "yep thats broken" and then they send him out to finish the game.

Also have you tried to skate? skating at the level of professional hockey players and then playing a sport on top of it? Like any of us could actually do that
I'll admit I was wrong. I'm not much of a hockey fan but ur 100% right. Hockey is 10x tougher than football. I was just trying to make the point that baseball isn't a real sport in my opinion. Also regarding to my previous post. I don't think any pro athelete deserves the money they are payed. No one needs all that money. Wayyy overpayed
      04-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #33
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut

Quote:
I don't think any pro athelete deserves the money they are payed. No one needs all that money. Wayyy overpayed
Thats something we can both agree on
      04-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #34
Pauldramos

Drives: Dinan '11 M3

The cycling race season has already started.
Pauldramos is offline   United_States
      04-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #35
Sidney
Dishonorably discharged

Drives: 2011 e90 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot9 View Post
+1 and playoffs are just around the corner. Playoff Hockey none better!
+1000

Ditto on the cycling comment too.
      04-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #36
CJW2OO4
Lieutenant

Drives: E86 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
+1111111111

it's too bad my Ducks weren't able to make the push into the playoffs. they had a nice run in the 2nd half, but their slow 1st half f'd them over. it's sad, they have great talent, but they just weren't clicking early. I hope Selanne doesn't retire....
I was so rooting for the ducks to get in but at the same time I was like if the ducks struggle maybe the Bruins would get him for a 4 month rental. What killed the ducks is that Dallas and Phoenix got hot late in the season too. I think Teemu will be back he still has way too much talent left to retire.
CJW2OO4 is offline   United_States
      04-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #37
ra2fanatic
Lieutenant General

Drives: '08 AW E92 335i

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ra2fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
I was so rooting for the ducks to get in but at the same time I was like if the ducks struggle maybe the Bruins would get him for a 4 month rental. What killed the ducks is that Dallas and Phoenix got hot late in the season too. I think Teemu will be back he still has way too much talent left to retire.
Yea, the Ducks has a great feasible push, but it's tough to dig yourself out of such a huge whole anyways. I didn't think Selanne was on the chopping block. If he leaves, it's him retiring. It'd be such a huge insult to trade him. I hope he has another year in the tank, hopefully next season they'll start off better...

Phoenix was definitely catching on fire and good luck to them, even though that team is still in a bit of limbo, I hope they do well.

Camden S...Stg4
ra2fanatic is offline   United_States
      04-09-2012, 03:29 AM   #38
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut

All I hear day in and day out are Jets update from my Scottish friend who has family from Winnipeg.

so sad for them, they were so close to the playoffs in their first year