BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > After EGR Factory Recall Problems/Errors

06-14-2024, 06:37 PM   #1
Tro
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 118dx

After EGR Factory Recall Problems/Errors

Hey guys, I am opening this thread to have all errors and fixes after factory recall of EGR. I saw that many people(including me) have problem after changing EGR valve and cooler.

This can help as all to find the way of fixing this problem, and to direct the mechanic in the right direction towards solving this problem.

I will go first. I bought a car without errors. After some time I visited official BMW dealer/mechanic, where I found that message in my car board is real, I have recall for EGR. They said that I need to change it because some cars caught fire.

After I changed both, EGR valve and cooler, they said that I need replacement of intake manifold and some sensors (o2 sensor, and exhaust gas pressure). I complained that the damage to the intake manifold was due to the EGR and that I did not want to bear the costs of the replacement. So they fixed on their own. I didn’t changed sensors because I just wanted to go step by step, first fix intake manifold than if there are some errors we will fix them. Also I didn’t have those errors before EGR recall so I complained.
After changing intake there sensor there were still errors and they didn’t want to pay for these sensors. I have changed on my own o2 sensor and changed pressure sensor. O2 sensor was fixed but pressure didn’t. Errors left :290b00 28ec00 2ab600 2ab700 sometimes 290900 they are changing after deletion.
I saw that exhaust gas pressure pipe needed to be cleaned so I cleaned it. Nothing changed. I have checked all pipes (changed one black pipe earlier, melted), run smoke test, run pressure test, everything is okay. Checked MAF sensor cleaned and checked installations. Checked installation of pressure sensor it seems okay. MAP sensor is okay (didn’t clean it but maybe I will after trip). Dpf is okay. I had complaint about pressure sensor so I got new one and errors are here (sensors are not original bmw).
After I went to official BMW dealer and they want to change again pressure and sensor and pipe, I know they are fine because I cleaned pipe and changed two times sensor (checked sensors they are measuring everything good).

Does anybody know where is the problem???
Can it be because of new EGR(factory problem) or something they did wrong maybe with software. Is there any type of software reactivation or reset because of new EGR system?
Could it be because pressure sensor is not original (I doubt this because it is just sensor I changed it on many different cars…)

Please help if you have any idea what problem could be, I am desperate because car was great before EGR Recall…..
Appreciate 0