View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #144
washout04
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanis View Post
Yesterday I went to my dealer for an oil change and the yearly check up. I mentioned the 2 issues I have: Rear brake sensors showing false info (100.000kms!!!) and the steering wheel squeaking.

1. For the brake pads, and update of the firmware was needed and then they registered manually the remaining mm's of the brake pads, in order for the system to do a re-calculation. Now it is working fine. Also, the value for the front brake pads changed, as the older firmware was affecting all the sensors.

2. The squeak in the steering wheel was cured by lubricating the steering column. If the problems returns, they will have to change the column (under warranty).

Also, there is one more firmware upadate needed, but I will do it at another time.
I wonder if BMW just use crappy brake sensors. On our mini, the rears were worn pretty thin without any heads up from the sensors. Then when we took it in to get serviced, they said the brakes were so worn they damaged the sensor. So what is the point of having sensors in the first place?
Appreciate 0