Mjlbakker
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 G21 318i (in order) - 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeech View Post
I have the iDrive, none nav as such:

I also have the Y cable on order from BMW on delivery.

Has anyone with the same configuration as me tried the iPhone spotify app? Could you tell me what does / doesnt work?

Track selection on screen
Next / prev buttons on screen
Next / prev buttons on steering wheel

I'd love for spotify to work with the system- but i just dont think it will
I have the same configuration, Radio professional and Apple Y-cable, and use the Spotify app a lot! In additions I have a Brodit dash mount installed. The app works well over the external audio source but not as smooth as iPod. For example it is not possible to see Spotify playlist on the iDrive screen, you have to touch the iPhone to browse Spotify.

What you can do is touch the scroll wheel on the right side of the multifunctional steeringwheel, press once and the Spotify app goes one song next > for some strange reason this function has stopped working for a few weeks, and after double clicking homecreenbutton on my iPhone and go left to volume controls does not show Spotify controls any more, but just the standard ipod. Anybody some help on that one?

If you need some help or pictures let me know. If anyone knows how to integrate Spotify playlist into the iDrive menu let me know!
Appreciate 0