Mark 1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 116ed (efficient dynamics)

116 ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafila View Post
Hey guys,

I have recently ordered a 116D Efficient Dynamics, but I am very curious if anybody has already driven.

The local dealers here don't have one yet to test drive.

Regards
Hi

We've had our 116ed for 1 month now and done 2500 miles in it already...gulp!. Its great and tho its the lowest powered in the range, it goes better than I'd expected. We also couldn't test drive one before buying so I drove a 116i and 116d (both 2.0 litre). Its definitely not as torquee as the 116d but in Sport mode goes really well. It'll sit at 80 on the motorway at just over 2000 revs beautifully and is obviously super efficient, though where BMW (and all car manufacturers) get their mpg figures from, god only knows. 75 mpg is no where near right. The best I've had is 65 driving only in the efficient dynamics mode (which we do most of the time...but at 80 on the motorway!).

We went for leather trim and the Harmon Kardon stereo (amazing!) with DAB radio to make up for the fact that really we'd love the 120d or M. Compared to all the alternatives out there - Audi A3, Golf, Volvo V50 etc, I am glad we went for it as it drives beautifully. I think I've changed my driving style since having it, as in ED mode, it reminds you when is best to change gear - slower but more chilled and cheaper

Good luck with it....

Mark
Appreciate 0