Norway
Rep
Drives: 745le xdrive 2020, i3 2020

Garage List
2020 745le  [0.00]
2012 640i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolz View Post
I got nokia hakka r aswell but I have the issue on bare roads. Did the issue dissapear for you bimmerman?

If only I knew that michelin x-ice doesn't have the issue as ovekvam says I would have went for those....

I still haven't got over the huge dissapointment about this epic fail from bmw

bmw did extensive winter-testing and were happy about how the DSC/DTC worked on snow and ice, but nobody from the team thought it would be a good idea to check wether it works on bare/dry roads?!

I don't know anything about the process of setting up a DSC/DTC system but I imagine this issues could be cured with just a minor adjustment/calibration so that the system allow for a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of "wheelspin" (just enough to let the rubber flex without it beeing recognized as a wheelspin/lost grip when it's not the case).

bmw trying to have us northern winter-climate-drivers killed?! that's not very nice of them ;p
Had problems with flashing traction control light on the tarmac when the tires were brand new. This went over after the tires were run, and became harder rubber. Completely new Scandinavian tires are very soft rubber mixture and can trick traction control system which causes the engine reduces throttle. But that said this went over after the tires were run for a while and was harder. Can been the problem on your car is worse because you have much stronger engine. Wondering replacing 116d to 120d xDrive-this winter if I get a good offer.: Thumbsup:
Appreciate 0