01-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #67
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
Um Scott.. when the hell did REAL BMW fans ever care about selling 2 million units? I get it, you make money then keep the enthusiasts happy.

But in my opinion, it should be the opposite.. you know classic, classy bimmer style. You should make the enthusiasts happy (NA, High revving) and then profit from the cars the enthusiasts buy their spouses, and the fun, fuel efficient cars that the rest will purchase.

Stop becoming the GM of Europe. Seriously, it's starting to scare me.
REAL BMW fans started caring about sales when they understood that the auto industry has changes dramatically and BMW needs to change to survive. Just like ANY major company, they must adapt or die. This is a principle you must understand in order to move forward with this conversation. I care about getting my pure performance cars, if that means BMW must sell money makers to be able to deliver that, I'm all for it.

GM of Europe? You can not be serious. It's amazing how many ridiculous claims people will make about something they know very little about.

If any German brand is the GM of Europe, that's VW with 10 brands under their belts. BMW has BMW, mini, and a limited license to Rolls Royce. I invite you to explain how BMW can possibly be the GM of Europe.