View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
papertiger
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F11, F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminate View Post
What do you mean when you say you are going to use it for all it's worth?
I don't think the program covers more than the intervals in the car computer. So I don't think you can demand to get the oil changed before the car says it's time for service.
Of course I cannot demand oil change before the car tells me to. A shame, because I don't believe in "long life oil".

But this is the first brand new car we've owned, and the reason for us getting this new car instead of a used one (older than 5 years), was that it had a warranty + service included. On my former cars, I've been changing parts all the time, both by myself and at a work shop, and it costs. I had my Primera 98 model for a year and a half, and used around 2000 GBP on wear parts on it during this period. It was driven 120 000km when I sold it, with a worn out clutch. So we decided to go for a new car, because of warranty and services. It isn't very much that isn't covered by the warranty - most things apart from wear parts are not suppose to be broken within 3 years (the lease period), and all oils and fluids and filters are included for in the BSI. (wipers and brake pads are ok to buy myself).

Thats why I'm gonna use the warranty - if something is wrong with the car (sensors, brakes, lights, switches, suspension etc.) within my lease period (3 years), I'm gonna go to the dealer and say "fix it". I've already done that, and seems like it works fine.
Appreciate 0