View Single Post
      02-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

RFTtyres + antispin = epic fail?

Don't know if the subject has been discussed already, in that case sorry for bringing it up again.

is it only me that find the car not drive-able with the antispin enabled? I have to turn it off all the time to be able to drive normally.

If it don't turn it off, the antispin-symbol on the dash flashes like a strobe-light whenever I push the accelerator (even if pushed extremely gently). I can't be the only one annoyed by this? And I'm not talking about accelerating on ice, I'm talking about any condition, even at perfect dry tarmac where it's perfect grip, the antispin-symbol start flash whatever gear or speed I'm in including highwayspeed.

Appart from the annoyance of the symbol flashing on the dash, it kills the driving experience because the engine output is reduced to nothing.

any ideas as to why the antispin kicks in for absolutely no reason? is this a problem with RFT-tyres? or is it just a problem with winter-tyre-RFT? or is it a problem whatever tyre you have, summer or winter?

What's your experience guys?

I've actually tried another set of tyres, first of I had bridgestone blizzak, had them changed to nokia hakkapeliita R (both RFT of course). Exakt same symptom. This is ridiculous
Appreciate 0