View Single Post
      05-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #69
Mazzie78
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i sport (F20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolz View Post
Regarding bmw live I think your dealer is wrong. The only thing bmw live need is a phone to act as a modem. should not matter what country your in.

I was worried aswell when bmw live didn't work for me at first, thought that the car only had to pair itself with the phone via bluetooth and then it would be rock'n'roll.

What you have to do is that you must enable internet-sharing in your phone, sometimes called tethering. This allows the car to utilize the phone to go out on the internet. What phone do you have? on iphone 4s you go settings -> general -> network -> internet sharing -> enable -> smile
Using now iPhone 4s with tethering enabled, but also used other phones (and providers) with tethering enabled none worked
I do see a connection made and I see kb's transferred. Problem is that I only see this when I use update the services (mine is in dutch, but it is the same menu as BMW Live, Teleservices, etc). When I use BMW Live I only get 'the page is not available, please try again later'. It doesn't make a connection to internet.
If I use update and switch to live it shows it is connected to my phone, but when the update is finished I got the same message.

So I have run out of options and I contacted my dealer multiple times (also other dealers) but all say it is a provider issue. Sadly I am not the only one here with this problem
Appreciate 0