AC Schnitzer UK
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: over 200mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by dape90 View Post
To AC UK,

Yes, I am sure that the ECU records a lot of technical telemetry from the engine and what ever system a person chooses is bound to have some point recorded in the ECU if an engineer really takes a close look.
Which they would if there was a warranty claim on the engine involved.

Quote:
The thing is that while I am sure the AC system is very good it is also the most expensive at nearly £2000 for my car. I appreciate the warranty that comes with it but your nearest market competitor is nearly £500 cheaper and offers the same engine warranty and similar power and torque gains.
Without wanting to sound arrogant or obnoxious, why is the AC solution so much more?
It's a fair question, and one we naturally get asked all the time. The answer is that the AC system is the most sophisticated, best researched and has the best warranty (check for yourself how long the Hartge engine warranty is - not the warranty on the Hartge parts). That's why AC Schnitzer were the official tuning brand of BMW (until they brought out their own brand - BMW M Performance). In short, ours is the most expensive because it is the best. We know because we used to import Hartge. But, as with most things, you get what you pay for.