03-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #22
frashed
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutan View Post
Very interesting. Our cars would be very similar... except mine only had 2 seats and a drop top of course. How have you found the ride of the 125i with the M Sport suspension when compared to the Mini Cooper? What about the handling?
The M Sport Suspension is fantastic and a huge step ahead of the MINI. Much more refined in regards to absorbing bumps, potholes etc.

Whilst the 125i grips hard and has very little body roll, it doesn't give you the amount of feedback or directness the MINI provides. I find turn-in to be a little loose, and non-linear. The front end never really feels sure-footed and the slightest of bumps or undulations mid corner can often put it off course before it settles again and grips for dear life. It's worth noting my steering rack is due to be replaced soon because of a knock and increased travel on the front-right wheel. These issues could be because of that... so I'll reserve judgement till then.

Nonetheless, I'm happy to say good riddance to the MINI. Went for a drive to Bowral on the weekend and that's where the refinement really stood out.

BTW, are you getting in to an Auto 125i? The difference between the Auto boxes is probably the biggest highlight The ZF8 is outstanding.

Last edited by frashed; 03-19-2013 at 08:48 PM..
Appreciate 0