SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymkhana View Post
The question is to me as a buyer -
135 in E82 body or brand new M135 in F21 body ?
The things that i value are
- handling
- responsiveness
- power delivery
- emotions from driving
Thats it.
Chris made me think about my choise again.
whats on M135 side ?
- a tinny boosted engine
- mustBe///M///aLikeChassis (but i really doubt its something around it)
....pretty much it.
What an old 135 in E82 body can offer ?
- hydraulic steering system ,that provides extra road feel and such. As i had a compare with my current 328m-pack adaptive steering (the one m135 supplied with i belive) old hydraulic system feels like a kart driving it.
- second point comes out of first one. The way it reacts to the steering wheel. Just like a kart. Instant. Lighting fast. Confident.
- Really hard,harsh suspension. No fancy driving modes. Just you and a car.
Harder that M135 i belive.
- 7 speed double Clutch transmission with launch control. That said. Perfect transmission.
- Another point is that mechanical feel E82 has - its just you, hard steering wheel and DCT transmission that feels as much mechanical as an automatic ever could be. M135 felt like a toy the time i sat in. its exhaust note felt not a natural but a tuned one. Its steering feel. I only had a chance to start it and experience it in parking lot, but its steering is really nothing alive compare to E82 hydraulic one.
Overall impression was like its all synthetic, unalive, plastic dummie car. Must be new-gen. m-tuned car , but old one brings more sport.
Any ideas guys ? )
So far, i see nothing M135 can offer over older 135 E82.
I can't take you seriously because you're so far off base on the most basic of specs.. then engine of the M135i! It's a tuned N55, same as you'd get in an E82 135i.

Good news for F30 335i owners, the upcoming PPK should give the N55 the exact same performance specs as what's in that M135i that Harris reviews in the video.
Appreciate 0