Thread: 1st week
View Single Post
      09-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
theotherjohn
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Silver F20 118dA

1st week

My silver 118dA F20 is one week and 525 miles old replacing a Passat 3C. I'm really pleased with the indicated economy but will wait till its been brimmed again before awarding a medal.
The initial Passat (170ps , automatic) consumption was 44,7 & it averaged 43.6 over it’s 70000 miles.
Comparing the two –
Ride & refinement - both very similar
Convenience – once inside the F20 doesn’t seem any smaller but it’s certainly not as easy to get in & out of (even in the front) as the Passat but we can’t downsize & win them all!
Ergonomics – I’ve yet to find a seat/steering combination that lets me readily see both the cruise control setting and the outside temperature through the wheel.
The Passat with it’s extra lever for the cruise control was much more convenient than my previous Volkswagens but the F20 is better; almost has a mind of it’s own knowing when to change from 70 to 50 or back again with a single push – or am I imagining this/.
Night driving – I don’t miss the Xenons at all – glad I saved the money. Initially found the i-drive very distracting, but reset to be much dimmer it’s fine.
Tyres – was surprised to find it’s got Korean tyres (expected German Conti or Dunlop) – it’s too early to attempt to assess wear or grip but they’re certainly not excessively noisy. Wonder what make the winter ones will be when they arrive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0