View Single Post
      08-16-2016, 02:25 PM   #24
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY10 View Post
Thanks for all the advice.

I am 100% mentally ready.

I am smoking pack and half a day now and I find myself chain smoking (2-4) cigs after a long commute ( wont smoke in my car, although in lots of traffic I have).

While I am at work and busy I can gon5-6 hours with none but then I have about 3 back to back.

Smoke right when I wake up and right before bed, wake up in the middle night.

It has begun to take over my life and the amount of money I spend a week is just insane on something that will end up killing me young.

I started at 14 (not really just the high school thing to do) stopped started again at 22 and it's been about 8 years now solid.

I know I have to, I want to some just have to do it.
Great decision. I am one of the biggest anti-smokers. So senseless to kill yourself slowly. But, I get the addiction. Just some information for you. My sister-in-law is having surgery today to remove a huge cancerous mass in her colon. She just turned 50. She's a recovering alcoholic and and addict. She smokes over 2 packs a day (Marlboro reds no less) and drinks a 12 pack of Coke. Even if they catch her cancer early which they said they did, she probably will never quit and be dead in 5 years because colon cancer also runs in her family.

I truly wish you luck and hope you quit. Another life may not be lost to cancer that is totally preventable.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0