View Single Post
      07-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #34
Martl1405
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Referred pain

Hi I have a question about referred pain after a root canal. Long story short, I had a root canal done last week after my dentist hit a nerve during a minor filling a month before. The nerve got really inflamed and just kept getting worse. After two adjustments and antibiotics I was referred to an endodontist who tested the tooth nd confirmed I needed a root canal bc the nerve was dying. Now before the root canal I had a lot of referred pain, especially in all of my bottom front teeth, and of course extreme sensitivity in the actual tooth which was my bottom right molar. So now it's a week after the root canal and the sensitivity is gone and the tooth is fine but the referred pain is still there on my front bottom teeth. My endo. says this is normal being that the nerve was so inflamed and so were my other teeth. He says they just need time to heal. I just want to make sure this is normal? I was put on med dose pack to help with inflammation and I felt like it was up until around day 4 when the doses started tapering off. Ay advice would be welcomed. It's just frustrating to be in so much pain after having just a minor filling. I never had a cavity before and the tooth was not badly decayed or infected. Should I be waiting this out more and worried for no reason? Thank you!
Appreciate 0