Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Current M135i vs 1M Fastest Laps comparison:

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/b...r_m_coupe.html
Ring time is an error-post for M135i, probably will be deleted or reposted soon, since 1M's time is a full lap time (usually adds 25 to 30 seconds on BTG time) by Sport Auto's Horst v. S. 2011 Super Test lap, while M135i did a BTG time and both the driver and conditions are all subject to discussion. The other lap times in the above quoted comparison are maybe more apples to apples at least on paper. Like someone else posted before, next month when Sport Auto publishes its Super Test for the M135i we will have a much better and comprehensive idea. I would love to read details of that test. I still keep the issue including 1M test

I believe M135i 8 auto is not any slower than a 1M on straights at least for the first 100 km/h, may be even ahead for the first couple of seconds, till 60 or 80 km/h due to gearbox/tire-traction advantage. However, I also predict that a stock 1M, especially with the same tires of M135i, should post better lap times on any track, given the conditions are same/similar. I would say the new car is still seems to provide at the very least 90 % of the 1M for just 75 % of 1M price tag, and has similar tuning potential, also more practical and comfortable one so it is really a better bang for the buck.

The real and in fact only relevant question (for me) that I would like to have an answer is how much fun it is vs a 1M? Guess we need to wait for someone who owns and drives both to review it, or a decent magazine like EVO hopefully makes a comparison test.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0