View Single Post
      09-16-2015, 06:32 PM   #1
lurker
Private
Rep
Drives: Subaru

Software upgrades using ESys

Hi All,

I recently purchased a second hand M135I built in late 2012 (in Australian specification). I also got a coding cable and have been successfully coding with ESys. Unfortunately some of the coding deatures require later software in various systems in my car. I realise there is more risk associated with using ESys to do a software upgrade than just basic coding which is fairly simple, so I went to my local BMW service department to see if I could get software upgrades done there. My car has no issues, but I mentioned a few things like Auto not smooth in slow driving through car parks etc. but unless there is a specific issue they cannot do a software upgrade at no cost. The cost to get it done is AU$550 which seems ridiculous.

So I am considering trying to use ESys to do the software upgrades. I would like to upgrade everything in the car to the latest specification (KOMBI etc.). Can anyone advise any tips on doing this. I know I should use a battery charger to keep battery going as it may take a while. I have seen some people who started doing an upgrade and were doing it over CAN instead of Ethernet resulting in it going slow and looking like taking several days to complete. Should I try doing a smaller module first?

So any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0