Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel20 View Post
I'm sure I read somewhere it's plug and play and it doesn't throw up an error message with the tail lights now being LED instead of normal bulbs. But double check before you go buy them! I thought the same thing about it being for 1 when I saw the price

I hadn't checked on A class prices of late, I remember they were launched at really good prices and got points in reviews because of that. But there were like none available in the country, dealers couldn't even find me an A250 to look at. Always thought those prices were too good to be true I guess. But that's merc SA for you. For years they said their motorplan was better cause it was 6 years/120 000km... but left out the "staggered customer contribution" part, I.E. second year merc pays 80% customer pays 20%, third year merc pays 70% customer pays 30% etc This came as a rather nasty surprise to owners as their cars got older.

However I sat in a few at the motorshow and you know when a car just feels "wrong"? First thing you notice is that silly infotainment screen that looks like a stuck on garmin. And then seats, in the bmw you can tilt the whole seat up and down, on the merc you can only move the front but the back stays put.

It's small stuff, but suffice to say if I had gone the route of ordering an A250 blind without seeing one, like so many other people did, I would have been very disappointed when I finally got to sit in my new car that I had waited for much longer than I did my BM which I spec'd and ordered from the factory.

The A3 on the other hand... drove a 1.8T quattro and was all very nice and worked out quite a bit cheaper than my car... but just didn't do it for me.

Got to check out the S3 at the motorshow and all I'm saying is... if I had to replace my car tomorrow, up until I saw that S3 I would have just got an identical F21... now there might wind up being an Audi in my driveway
Lol, thanks, I will check it out before I take the plunge.

It does seem like those A-class prices were too good to be true. I have never seen the interior physically, but that screen is pretty ridiculous, like an afterthought. The boot is also non-existent from what I've heard. In standard guise, the car just looks like a dinky toy hehe.
About that mobilodrive motorplan from MB, I too was surprised when I found out about the increasing payments for each service, but I understand that now it is completely free, like BMWs. So atleast there's something good there. In its defense, the A-class also comes with clever tech as standard, such as collision prevention and attention assist, which BMW does not even offer as an option.

That S3 is really sweet, especially the full LED lights! To have have full LED lights in this category of cars is impressive. I actually prefer the Audi's interior to the F20's right now, but the engine of the 1.4TFSI is what deterred me from seriously considering it. If you say the 1.8 is unimpressive, I can't imagine what the 1.4 would be like. You can always count on BMW for coming through on the engine front though.

As wonderful as the S3 is in every way (looks especially), SA will unfortunately be getting the detuned version, so power will be dropped from 221 kW to something like 201 kW, which is weird. The golf R is likely to suffer the same fate. I can't understand why though. It was something to do with the climate, but that's a terrible reason!
Appreciate 0