04-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #10
Dim73
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116i Α/Τ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
BMW could at least have put the info in an iDrive screen or something.
That is exactly what I was thinking of! It pisses me off every time I have to access the hidden menu just to check those so important parameters. I wish there was a firmware upgrade for this. I guess it would be very easy for BMW to display those values on the iDrive screen.

When my father first saw the car, he loved it. A few minutes later he came with the question: "Where is the temperature gauge?". To tell you the truth, I was a little embarassed (I've done this question to myself many times...). I spent a bucket of money and the car had one reverse lamp and no temp gauge...

Why the 3-Series (even 316i with exactly the same engine as mine) have the water temperature gauge on the instrument cluster? Is it a matter of design or cost cutting or both? I cannot accept that those features are "decorative"!

No matter how technology and cooling systems evolve through the years, this info is important and a precaution for any potential failure (no matter how rare this may be). I 'd rather pull over and turn off the engine if I see the temp gauge rising than seeing the smoke coming out of the hood first and then trying to find a place to stop.

Last edited by Dim73; 04-20-2013 at 01:31 AM..
Appreciate 0