11-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #1
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

F20 M135i CrankShaft Stuck and Can't Start

Hi all,

I'll try to make the story short. Basically I ditched work and went up to a nearby mountain hoping to photograph some scenery. The mountain is 800 m tall, so it doesn't take very long to get up there.

All the twisty bits like those in Tour de Corse mean not driving very fast, the trip is definitely under one hour. On the top of the mountain, there was no one so I did a donut (a poor one). The car died after ONE donut, and it refuse to start again. I could hear it's trying to send electricity to the starter motor.

Our BMW here can only say the crank shaft is stuck. They further commented they have never seen this happening. Some commented I don't know how to drive a manual and the stuck shaft is due to my over revving the engine (this implies I don't know what I am doing for more than 20 years, which hurts some feelings .) BMW went on and comment that because I always brought in my own oil, so that could be the cause.

This puts me in a strange spot because I change my oil every 5000 km with Mobil LL01 compliant oil (says on the side of the bottle) I drove much crazier in my Civic and my dad's E30 325i and nothing happens, and this F20 should be more technically advanced.

My car is entirely stock, and it hasn't been modified in any way. I am just wondering 1) Do you think think BMW should cover any malfunction since I am still in warranty. 2)I shifted the whole way before 4 or 5000, could doing the donut over rev the engine and screw things up?

On a side note, last time they fixed something they forgot to put the tow hook in, yet another rod I have to pull outta my a**.

Thanks and the picture is my car stranded.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0