10-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #65
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS View Post
Time for mass hysteria and Xenophobia...

My theory is that the guy knew he had contracted/been exposed to Ebola and came here so that he could get treated.

AS much press is saying that its not airborne and you have to come in contact with a body or bodily fluid in order to be exposed/contract the virus; this begs the question: Why in the fuck is the virus spreading so quickly and what sort of ritual are they performing in West Africa that is communicating the virus across so much of the population?

Maybe I'm spreading the xenophobia. Putting flame suit on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Why does Aids spread faster in Africa and why is it the most prevalent there? Somethings are just obvious.
Many of the affected cultures in Africa have traditions of touching or kissing the dead body of a family member. In some areas it's even tradition to have a meal with the body present. That and the fact that medical facilities are over run and most don't have isolations wards or even the protective equipment for Dr's and nurses. (gloves, masks, etc..) Many hospitals are having to turn infected patients away due to lack of space. So with little to no GOOD treatment available, people molesting bodies of people who have died from Ebola, it gets perpetuated rather quickly.

I think something to the effect of 7000 cases and 3000 deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorocious View Post
They can't say it's airborne or everyone will freak out. Remember what they say when the government tells you not to panic or worry, it's time to panic.

I'm pretty sure I saw some study where it jumped from pigs to monkeys with no contact. Now whether a sneeze or cough counts as airborne is another story.
Technically, sneezing or coughing on someone can transmit bodily fluid. So by that technicality, it's not airborne. I did read something that said of the know ~24 viruses that are deadly to man kind, there is no record of any of them mutating to become airborne.