01-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #57
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgguysomg View Post
I tested the RWD today. The engine is incredible, I love the steering. The suspension is great, the car is very comfortable but doesn't budge when pushed.

However, there was almost no grip on the rear wheels. At the first red light the wheels kept spinning till third gear and the DSC was working overtime. I've never driven such a powerful car, but I wasn't expecting this. The road wasn't wet, but it was freezing about -3 C. I stopped a little while to check if it still had summer tyres on, but it had run flat sottozero winters.

Driving full throttle was unpleasant with DSC on, and dangerous with DSC off. So I guess I'll be buying the xDrive after all.
Move to South and forget about winter tires or winter itself. The real issue is your location

With stock PSS that car for sure has a whole different level of traction anytime other than the European winter. Test the rwd again in a few months and you will understand what I mean.

I think there is nothing wrong in having the xdrive anyway, I am sure that it is rear biased.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0