Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Garage List
2016 BMW 430iAM-Sport  [0.00]
2012 125i  [9.00]
just a few observations...
The 8 speed auto box. This is incredibly smooth and gear changes almost unnoticable on normal (ie comfort) or eco pro. Change to sport mode and again, it holds the highr revs really well. I use the paddles infrequently as a result. Try down shifting with the paddle at high rpm and it won't let you blow the engine. I found driving hard into a bends, using the down shift paddle is really easy ... though I have shifted too many gears ...and again, the car won't let you over rev....but you can paddle and steer and not worry about any manual shifting. Its brilliant.
The auto 'feels' good too...you sense when its in eco pro or comfort by the way the car responds...switch to sports mode and the difference is obvious.
In sport I find the steering really sharp and precise...no worries at all, and confidence is high. At slower speeds, its a bit washy I think...but maybe thats just me. I need to use the parking sensors when I park in my garage, and while these are brilliant, I'm not always 100% sure of where the wheels are pointing. Still getting used to it I guess.
My last BMW was a 1989 Hi-Line 635CSiA. Now THAT was simply awesome. A big car but really fast and smooth with a 3 speed auto and terrific handling. My new 125i beats it hands down in terms of handling and ride. It doesn't engender the same respoct as the old shark nosed 6 did, which I miss...but wow, I love the 125!
Appreciate 0