02-11-2024, 07:58 AM   #66
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
like I said, I already had three NA1's and made money every time, but they are overpriced these days imo and it's about trying something different...the Viper never did it for me, never was a fan of the giant elongated hood and dated looks...like you said, different strokes, the Viper has zero wow factor to me...I like the mid engine with the cab forward designs...You should get one if you like them though, you can find low mile examples in the $30-40K range these days, not bad if you are into them
My days of 2 seat cars are over for at least 13.5 years, lol. Thats when my son will be 16 and could start driving himself and his sister until then, my 2 seaters sit in the garage

The R8 never felt like an NSX to me in any way but being sort of underpowered. The NAX felt light and nimble, the R8 heavy and understeery. If it's on your mind engine bingo card I get it, but it's gonna be less fun to drive than like all the other options.

Have you considered an Evora? It's like a mix of an NSX and a Cayman but without the attention to detail and perfectionism. Maybe a Cayman R? Porsche never really let loose with the Cayman until recently, but rare Porsches always go up in value.

If you really want the R8 I'm sure you'll enjoy checking it off the bingo card, just thinking about other similar midengien stuff.
Appreciate 0