View Single Post
      06-06-2011, 07:19 AM   #555
se530
Registered
Rep
Drives: Kawasaki Z1000 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu1 View Post
i don't know how and why but it started to grow on me very fast!!! hmmm!! how are they doing that?!?
I think this is just due to the way our brain/perception works.

Seeing the car first time and thinking that it is ugly was the truth at the moment you have percieved it.

After that you've been thinking along the following line: ... "well, at least the interior is looking good, hopefully it drives well to... it looks nice from the side view (exterior)... not bad at 3/4... The car is awesome... too bad the front and rear are not..."

Each time you tell yourself you like this or that about anything really - the perception of the subject under concidiration changes. It can go in both directions.

Just look whats done on tv all the time. You will never think that something is scary unless you hear and think about it a good few times. Then... you start percive something as scary or frightening. Big ass brainwash basically - nothing else.

As of the new 2012 BMW 1 Series, we are chaning our own 'initial perception' (too much of a BMW fans) and the car indeed starts to look better and better each time we look at it.

One can really bring oneself from the feeling that the car is fugly to the feeling that it is gorgeous. Nothing have changed really, but... now you got a different truth to live with.

p.s. I've just told you in short a secret of how one can indeed 'change the world'... shhhh... don't tell anybody
Appreciate 0